I HAVE A BIG EMERGENCY A PIECE OF PLYWOOD FELL ON MY CHICK

Ok

okay I just checked on her again and she seems to be stabilizing. She’s started vocalizing again and has opened her eyes. She still seems weak so I’ll keep an eye on her and follow all the suggestions

yes I’ve been doing them but she’s still pretty weak so I’ll probably have to wait overnight and see how she does in the morning
Oh good. Make sure you offer her water with a qtip or dropper. Just don’t force it in her mouth if that makes sense. Read an earlier posters comment for how to do that with the sugar water. They catch on fast. Is she warm? Is she isolated but still within view of her flock mates? Sometimes complete isolation is too stressful too. Unless they’re contagious which obviously she’s not.

How is your chick doing today? Accidents do happen, but we all need to go around and look for any possible hazards, because chickens get into everything around them. Any hardware, plastic, or string, they will swallow it and bad things happen. We have all had something bad happen, but that makes us more cautious in the future. I make sure that any gates or doors are securely fastened, since they can swing and injure. Let us know how your chick gets along, and good luck.

Back
Top Bottom