I have a bone to pick with all you incubating ppl...

Your just crazy. Lol.
My husband and most family members would definitely agree with you lmao
Though he's not the crazy addict you are. He's a "set it and forget it" addict.

I feel your pain on the checking them constantly thing. Though I only hatch Calls now and they kind of need the hovering.
Maybe one day I will get to that point. Hopefully it's just this bad because it's the first time and beginning of my journey of incubating🤣
I got so little sleep when I was near hatching and when they were hatching.....sleep? What's sleep?
I'm scared to even think about this time...I hope it happens on my days off...I may have to call in to work😳
Welcome to the hatch-a-holic's world! Happy hatching!
Thank you! Although it's stressful, I find it incredibly interesting and enjoy it very much. I can't wait to hatch more! Lol

I agree. You’re crazy. It’s not 100% but I’d say the ladies are far worse about hovering and worrying about the eggs. I also agree that hatching in itself is very addictive. Once you get that first big pile of cockerels, you’ll slow down. At least I did.
🤣🤣perhaps it's a mom thing...its also the like gamble of what colors and markings am I going to get too. My curiosity is through the roof. And omg a whole pile of roo's!? That's terrible for you 🤣🤣

🤣🤣perhaps it's a mom thing...its also the like gamble of what colors and markings am I going to get too. My curiosity is through the roof. And omg a whole pile of roo's!? That's terrible for you 🤣🤣
Last big hatch, I had 2/3 little roos. No exaggeration. I did a couple small hatches early in the year then a large one (large for me). I forget the exact number but 2/3 of nearly 60 babies that hatched were cockerels.

@HeatherKellyB can relate to this!
Aint that the truth 🤣 Actual recent message:

Me: Duckling was shadowing at 1:30am and obvious internal pip at 3:30am.

The bad part is that *I* actually realize how ridiculous I am. Ducklings are in NO hurry to get out of that shell and I'll be acting like I might miss something in an hours time. No matter how many times I do this, I never learn to calm tf down 🤷🏻‍♀️ I guess the good part is that I get a good laugh at myself,

once they've hatched 🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom