I have a few...any ideas?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Soltaria, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Soltaria

Soltaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi guys, I have a few chicks that I have absolutely no idea what they are and a full grown bantam roo ho is absolutely beautiful and I'd really like to get some LF versions of him. Any idea what these are?
    [​IMG]
    The one in the back is a SLW but what is this brown one? Single comb with pink earlobes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    These two have similar brown color but rose combs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is the mighty gorgeous bantam roo.

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013

3. Soltaria

Thanks. All the chicks are LF. That's a bummer about the bantam. He is so beautiful, but he crows something awful! High pitched squeak at 4 in the morning every day. Sounds like someone is strangling him. I kept thinking he would get better at it but he never did. I had hoped to get LF to have some where the crowing was tolerable. It grates on the ears. Guess that's not going to happen.

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    On your rooster, you could get a couple different breeds with a similar look. They wont' be exact, but a blue Wheaton Marans or Ameraucana would be a similar coloring. So would a blue-red Leghorn. Again, not exact but those are a couple places to start looking for a large fowl counterpart with a similar look.

5. Soltaria

Thanks, I was actually just looking at marans thinking the same thing! And I've been wanting to get some Ameraucanas in the flock too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by