I have a mixed bag of different breeds wondering what the chicks will look like

RandyJessup

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 17, 2014
MY roo is a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte and my hens are all different breeds. I have a broody hen and she has been sitting on about twenty of the eggs from all of them one is a buff orpington three are easter eggers one buff and black spotted one white and one is a easter egger silkie/sebrite mix (she is the broody one) . I have one columbian wyandott a Black sexlink and one is a red sexlink. I am interested in what they will all look like does anyone else have a mixed bag like I have. I had planned to have a breading pair of the Blue laced Red Wyandotte's because I think they are so pretty but my poor hen died before she even layed any eggs. I am interested in what the results will look like does anyone have any of the mixes that I am getting ready to have they could post a picture for me I would greatly appreciate it.

my black sexlink

My buff and black Easter egger

My rooster a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte

My seabrite Silkie mix, my buff orpington, my colombian wyandotte and my white easter egger

My red sexlink and you can see the colombian wyandotte and the white easter egger in the back ground.

A better picture of my momma hen my Silkyseabite Easter egger.

Why thank you. My married Daughter picked out 17 various chickens based on what she thought was pretty never expecting to raise any new ones from eggs But she was given the Silkie/seabrite mix by her Mother-in-law who happens to be just the broodyist little hen, My Daughter lost a few chickens to sickness and a few to hawks and as she was free ranging them. Then just as they began to lay eggs big time my daughters husband moved them to another town and the new house did not have room for the coop so I inherited them from her. I had been wanting chickens for some time so I am pleased as punch with them. I love my Rooster the Blue Laced Red Wyandottes are so pretty and I was so sad when his mate died from an illness as I had hoped to raise only those but now I just have a mixed bag as I said before. I have two little ones now soon to be three as one is pipping in the incubator as I type this.

so exciting! The little chick in the front looks like he might be a blue something. That frost over the black is what makes me think he will be a blue.

I love blue chickens!

Back
Top Bottom