I have a Pekin duck egg that's on the verge of hatching

Brandon96

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2021
FTR I'm using Magicfly's incubator. So I already have the egg on the hatching tray.

So with that mind, should I begin adjusting the temperature? Currently I have it on 37.5 C.

Lockdown for duck eggs is day 26 - 28 (last three days before hatch) and the temperature should be lowered by 1 degree and the humidity should be at 75 - 80% at this time.
How do I change the humidity? Does it have something to do with the water?. I have 100ml of water in there.

I just checked the incubator and yeah, there's now a pip on the egg shell, so it's definitely coming out now. I lowered the temperature down from 37.5 c to 36.5 c, is that correct?

I just checked the incubator and yeah, there's now a pip on the egg shell, so it's definitely coming out now. I lowered the temperature down from 37.5 c to 36.5 c, is that correct?
Are you sure it’s only day 23? It sounds like you maybe miscalculated - or maybe you have an early Hatcher. I would go into lockdown mode now - right after you add more water to raise humidity stop opening the incubator and just let Mother Nature so it’s thing. The temperature sound about right.

Well, it's hatched now.

rXwUe28.jpg

So I just need to keep it in there for like two days before finally moving it out, yes?

Back
Top Bottom