I have a question

Kako112

In the Brooder
Mar 23, 2021
Hello there, i was thinking about this idea for some months by now, and i would like to see what you think about my idea,
(I am not english fluent, sorry for ortographic errors)

So, imagine, a terrain, and you build a big, big pavillion, like, imagine, 50m width, 100m lenght and at least 10m height, inside you have dirt as floor and the roof as transparent plastic or some kind of resistent trasparent material (like a giant greenhouse) and you plant grass, fruit trees, fruit bushes etc...
The irrigation system installed near the roof to simulate rain (maybe along the edge of the roof/wall...
Could it be a good idea to raise chickens in a closed mini ecosystem like that one?
(Basically a giant greenhouse with a rainforest kinda biome inside it) with trees and bushes and grass, and water sources such as an artificial pond
Where it could have like frogs living in it and fish, and you could release crickets and other insects inside of it (as natural food source for chickens to simulate their natural habitat)

Any ideas for a ventilation system?
Btw does anyone know some kind od program that lets you build some architectures like this one? It would e awesome to build that in my pc

Last edited:
Hello there, i was thinking about this idea for some months by now, and i would like to see what you think about my idea,
(I am not english fluent, sorry for ortographic errors)

So, imagine, a terrain, and you build a big, big pavillion, like, imagine, 50m width, 100m lenght and at least 10m height, inside you have dirt as floor and the roof as transparent plastic or some kind of resistent trasparent material (like a giant greenhouse) and you plant grass, fruit trees, fruit bushes etc...
The irrigation system installed near the roof to simulate rain (maybe along the edge of the roof/wall...
Could it be a good idea to raise chickens in a closed mini ecosystem like that one?
(Basically a giant greenhouse with a rainforest kinda biome inside it) with trees and bushes and grass, and water sources such as an artificial pond
Where it could have like frogs living in it and fish, and you could release crickets and other insects inside of it (as natural food source for chickens to simulate their natural habitat)
Btw does anyone know some kind od program that lets you build some architectures like this one? It would e awesome to build that in my pc
I'd be concerned about lack of ventilation, and overheating because it's basically a giant greenhouse, as well as any attempt at an 'ecosystem' being trampled by the chickens, who would soon take over. You'd have to have a very low chicken density, waaay below how many chickens that space could fit. However, I'm sure that the birds would love it. Seems like it would be great for a trio of hens and a rooster. You'd have to protect food sources from getting wet, though, and provide nesting boxes if you want the eggs.

I'd be concerned about lack of ventilation, and overheating because it's basically a giant greenhouse, as well as any attempt at an 'ecosystem' being trampled by the chickens, who would soon take over. You'd have to have a very low chicken density, waaay below how many chickens that space could fit. However, I'm sure that the birds would love it. Seems like it would be great for a trio of hens and a rooster. You'd have to protect food sources from getting wet, though, and provide nesting boxes if you want the eggs.

Actually, my interest is not take advantage of the birds, my plan is to take them to a Closed system where they can be in their natural habitat and atudy the behaviours and amaze myself by the birds, also, i now have a kind of wild fowl, a rooster and a hen, the hen made a nest in a dense plant in my backyard, basically they live outside 24/24 (theres no predators in here since i live in a very populated area and my backyard is entirely protected by plants, the point is, i think they would nest between the plants such as grass and near trees and in burrows, the food source would not be needed protectiob since their diet would be totally natural, (but if theres some lack of food i would feed them chicken food obviously, and about the chicken population i dont want them to reproduce too much, i would only keep 2 or 3 couples (like in the wild roosters have usually 1 or 2 hens) like keeping them as pets and not breeding machines you know

Back
Top Bottom