I have a sick chick

Newseramabreeder

Chirping
Nov 6, 2021
I have a sick chick she’s acting like her wing is broke and is very unstable and sneezing there was a storm last night I was thinking maybe she got scared and broke her wing or her legs I walked in there and she was on her side she is kinda lively her eyes are wide open it’s just she is very weak

Attachments

• E1B7951D-29B9-4BC2-A0B0-3CDD0357B005.jpeg
    E1B7951D-29B9-4BC2-A0B0-3CDD0357B005.jpeg
    447.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 5443C894-9BD4-4E6D-86FD-82D90BB7D951.jpeg
    5443C894-9BD4-4E6D-86FD-82D90BB7D951.jpeg
    449.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 1BB5B782-5A58-4D8A-985F-9C69A44D25B5.jpeg
    1BB5B782-5A58-4D8A-985F-9C69A44D25B5.jpeg
    538.5 KB · Views: 2
How old is she?
What's her housing like - where is she kept? Photos?
Is she pooping? Photos?

What do you feed?

I would keep her relatively warm, see if she will take sips of warmed sugar water or electrolytes. Once she's drinking, then offer her a little wet feed.

Look her over for lice and mites while your at it.

How old is she?
What's her housing like - where is she kept? Photos?
Is she pooping? Photos?

What do you feed?

I would keep her relatively warm, see if she will take sips of warmed sugar water or electrolytes. Once she's drinking, then offer her a little wet feed.

Look her over for lice and mites while your at it.
Ok so basically it’s 5 days later and she is still alive and lively but she just can’t stand she is pooping eating and drinking would it be best to Kill her? Will her legs ever heal?

How old is she x2? Was she vaccinated for Mareks disease? Her legs and wing could be injured, but it could also be a sign of Mareks disease? Does she still have respiratory issues? Can you see bubbles or foam in either eye, nasal drainage, sneeze or gasping? Only you can answer questions about putting her down. If she is just injured, she might heal if she is still eating and drinking. If you lose her you may want to send the body in to your state vet for a necropsy to find out what was wrong with her. I would try making her a chicken sling chair to get her upright, in front of food and water, and keep her clean. Let her out to sleep and stretch every few hours. Here are some examples:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/versions-of-chick-chairs-please.1166308/

Ok so basically it’s 5 days later and she is still alive and lively but she just can’t stand she is pooping eating and drinking would it be best to Kill her? Will her legs ever heal?
I'm not being funny, but when you make a post of this nature, it would be a good idea to check in frequently for replies so that these people can actually help you...
Don't jump to killing the bird when there are people ready to advise you and are asking you questions which you did not answer.
In this situation, a vet would be a really good idea. But if not, answering the questions that have been asked will help these people to identify what is wrong and what course of action you can take.
I'm sorry that she's unwell.

Back
Top Bottom