I have a sick pea hen

hairco

Songster
7 Years
Jan 7, 2013
I have a pea hen that is down and when I pick her up she just goes back down. Hat can I do to make her better. Just found her like this. I have not gave nothing yet. She is 3 years old. Help me please. Thanks

Hmmm, most likely over mating. Do you have a male in with her? I had on one that I found lying on the floor last year and she wouldn't get up. I took her to my vet. The vet said probably she either fell off the perch or bonked into the wall while flying or the male got too rough. After 2 weeks of force feeding her pain killers and muscle medicines, she could walk again.

She has a egg broke inside her. Wash out vent and a lot came out but still sick. Got her on Tylan 200 . Is there anything else I can do beside keep her on liq

Pretty sure Tylan in not the type of antibiotic that a vet would choose because it is not what they call a broad spectrum antibiotic. Can you take her to a vet?

-Kathy

Is she drinking? If not you need to get fluids into her or she will die. Can you post a pictures of her?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom