I have a silkie I'm about ready to throttle!! Help?

KDbeads

Songster
10 Years
Aug 20, 2009
East Central VA
Two of them actually! Since Sunday morning when one of the others went broody these two are officially the loudest birds I own, and I have some loud birds. Gonzo screeches inconsolably all day long and Blue starts the alarm squawking as soon as the sun can be seen. I can't seem to get either one calmed down at all. You can hear them in the house and 5 blocks away. My neighbors aren't going to put up with the dawn alarm much longer. This morning I ended up locking Blue in the roo box with the roo because I couldn't get her to stop the alarm even when holding her.
The broody is in the same pen with them, in a crate and can be seen by everyone. I can't exactly lock them in the coop overnight, it's a bit crowded and sleeping room only. I do plan on building a bigger one here in the next week but still.....

What can I do to quiet these girls?????????????

Camelot Farms

Chickenista
10 Years
Jun 5, 2009
VA,TN,NC Tri-State area
Eeek! My silkies are my quietest birds. I just love their little purrs and peeps.

Are you sure there are hens and not roos in the making?
hide.gif

KDbeads

Songster
10 Years
Aug 20, 2009
East Central VA
Hens.... all lay eggs, all 18+ months old. Well I do have the roo but he's in a roo box at night and before the crack of dawn.

Top Bottom