I have a single chick and i cant afford another one

Not everyone is willing to post photos on the internet. Yes, I know that many people do post photos, and that photos can be very helpful in many cases.

But posting photos doesn't prove much about whether the person really owns the chicks they are talking about. I remember at least one troll who was taking photos off the internet and asking advice about chickens living in awful conditions, that they said they owned (there were quite a few photos, from a bunch of different internet sites, so that one was pretty obvious once someone started searching.)

I don't think photos would prove much about whether OP is telling the truth.
Yes, photos would enable people to give advice about brooder conditions-- but if OP does not want that advice, and if the current setup appears to be working well enough, then it is not really needed.
I remember that to. Very unfortunate.

I dont think "scared" is the right word at all. Some people had very real concerns, others gave support, and others did both. She had every opportunity to prove everyone wrong. And within this thread, and the others, there have been no photos- we aren't just looking out for the chicks, but for her as well. Raising a single chicken would be incredibly challenging, exhausting, and could end in heartbreak.
And again, it isn't just a matter of "well, I guess it's done now" if she is going to make the same mistake with something else. And I only believe she would based on what she has said to me.
I very much want to be wrong, I am pretty sure everyone on this thread with these concerns wanted to be wrong- and now I guess we'll never know.
Exactly.
Chicks are a lot of work, they scream, they want attention. I cannot imagine one chick. Its not only hard on the chick, but on her aswell (very much so). I hope the chick is fine and continues to be, and she is aswell.

I’ve raised a single chick before and she did fine, she just hung out in my house and when she got old enough she slept in a dog crate in my room. She eventually moved outside and now she’s doing fine. If you can convince your dad to let you get a few more than great, but if you can’t just be a loyal friend/parent to your chicken, spend as much time as possible with her and make sure that she has a safe home (inside or out)

I’ve raised a single chick before and she did fine, she just hung out in my house and when she got old enough she slept in a dog crate in my room. She eventually moved outside and now she’s doing fine. If you can convince your dad to let you get a few more than great, but if you can’t just be a loyal friend/parent to your chicken, spend as much time as possible with her and make sure that she has a safe home (inside or out)
a chicken outdoors alone, not a good idea. We cant be with them 24/7 and even if we could we couldnt be all they need

Yes I know, but for my chicken we already had more chickens outside with her so she had a flock to be with, but for the response i posted I meant only if she could convince her dad to let her get more
ah I see! I must've misunderstood. I think raising a single chick is okay if there's no way to get more, but yeah, they really need to be in a flock once they go out if not sooner. I almost ended up with a single duckling!

Clearly, you haven't done quite enough research or A. You wouldn't have bought a lone chick in the first place and B. You wouldn't be planning to stuff them in a prefab coop. *shudder*
i will admit, i did not research beforehand, but since i got velvet and her (hopefully) sisters, i’ve done quite the research on absolutely EVERYTHING.

i’m still unsure about if i’ll get a premade coop or build my own

i will admit, i did not research beforehand, but since i got velvet and her (hopefully) sisters, i’ve done quite the research on absolutely EVERYTHING.

i’m still unsure about if i’ll get a premade coop or build my own
Build your own.
And do research before buying animals. It’s incredibly important.

Back
Top Bottom