I have a suspicion that my favorite chick may be roos

Much like teenagers, you have to cut cockerels going through hormonal changes some slack. Thier instincts tell them to protect his flock and he'll take a bit of time to determine who and what the real threats are. It can be harder for hand raised cockerels to differentiate, sometimes they see people as part of thier flock, sometimes they'll feel like you are competition for the hen's attention. Understanding his natural instincts will go a long way if you're planning on keeping him. There's some great articles here in the learning center to help you get a start.

Much like teenagers, you have to cut cockerels going through hormonal changes some slack. Thier instincts tell them to protect his flock and he'll take a bit of time to determine who and what the real threats are. It can be harder for hand raised cockerels to differentiate, sometimes they see people as part of thier flock, sometimes they'll feel like you are competition for the hen's attention. Understanding his natural instincts will go a long way if you're planning on keeping him. There's some great articles here in the learning center to help you get a start.
I live in town so I won't be able to keep him because he is considered a nuance animal

I live in town so I won't be able to keep him because he is considered a nuance animal
I feel your pain, I too am in a Rooster free zone. I skirt the rule by keeping them until they crow well. If you're concerned about the neighbors you should start looking for a new home asap, it can take a few weeks to find a suitable home for a male.

I feel your pain, I too am in a Rooster free zone. I skirt the rule by keeping them until they crow well. If you're concerned about the neighbors you should start looking for a new home asap, it can take a few weeks to find a suitable home for a AS s

I feel your pain, I too am in a Rooster free zone. I skirt the rule by keeping them until they crow well. If you're concerned about the neighbors you should start looking for a new home asap, it can take a few weeks to find a suitable home for a male.
I will as soon as I hear a crow lol.

Back
Top Bottom