I have an egg! I have an egg! Well, actually TWO eggs.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by joebryant, Jul 6, 2008.

1. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

I was throwing some turnip and collard greens to the ten chicks and Anne's one-year-old silkie that was broodie when I got her a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, I just happened to glance at the back corner, and there they were in the pine straw, TWO LITTLE EGGS.
    I called Anne on the cell phone and told her; she's on her way home with her brother and sister from a niece's wedding in Pennsylvania.
    I want to thank all the little people I stepped on to reach this heighth of glory and say that it's too bad that none of you have an egg.
    Nya nya nya nya nyaaaa nya!
  2. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Nine weeks before I get one, IF all goes well.

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You think this gloating is winning you any friends? [​IMG] [​IMG] How long before you are getting 24+ a day?
  4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

It's exciting to find that first egg, but I think there's a few of us on here that are getting more than 2 a day!! [​IMG] Congrats on the eggs!! So are you gonna eat em or hatch em?
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  5. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    I want an egg [​IMG]
    Congratulations [​IMG]
  6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Even tho I get plenty of eggs a day, the day I find that first BBS orp egg I'm gonna have to come on and share the exciting news too!!
  7. joebryant

Quote:One a day now. Someday thousands per day! All I need are more chickens.
  8. joebryant

Quote:Huh? Heck, I'm gonna have 'em bronzed!
  9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

10. joebryant

Quote:Well, ya can't have MINE!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by