I have an egg wobbling!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by nickiprosser, Jan 14, 2015.

1. nickiprosser

nickiprosser New Egg

Jul 5, 2014
    I have a homemade incubator and my eggs have only been in there 15days well one wobbling does that mean its gonna hatch or does it wobble for a while? Do I still need to keep turning it? The thing I read said not to turn it the last 3 days is that right? Sorry im so full of questions I have no idea this is my first attempt at this

2. StephensonC

StephensonC Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2014
    Richmond, Va
    Is it a possibility that a hen had been sitting on it for a few days prior to collecting the egg? Have your temps been running high in your incubator? Yes, the can move for the last few days, but I've never heard of one doing it on day 15.

3. nickiprosser

nickiprosser New Egg

Jul 5, 2014
    My hens havnt sat on any eggs yet and I usully go collect them first thing in the morning and I never take the eggs If they are In their. when I get one thats still warm I throw it in the incubator my temps have been between 97 and 101 it has got to 102 a couple time but I move it from the counter to the floor and the temp goes down. Should I keep turning it? My humidity has been usually around 57% should I raise that up a little bit for it?

4. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    If your incubator is still air (no fan attatched) then the temp should be an average of 101-102 through the hatch anyway. If you added the fan then the temps should average 99.5. Now, the thing with homemade and still air is you have more "Hot spots" in the bator. If one egg has been in a hot spot for the majority of incubation and has been incubating at a higher temp, then it will develop quicker than the others.
    I, personally, would not raise the humidity this early unless you see a pip in the egg. Movement generally means the chick is positioning himself. Usually after they position they rest for a day or two before pipping, so unless, he does pip, I'd hold off on upping the humidity. Turning them- not sure what I'd do if one was already positioning itself, (I'd probably let that one be as I have heard it's not absolutely neccessary to turn after day 14) but I would continue turning the others.
    Good luck, let us know what happens.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by