i have asked for grass!

688peterl

Songster
10 Years
Oct 2, 2009
my garden is 1/2 decking (which the ducks are banned from going on) and 1/2 paving stones, which is where the ducks run is, the duck run takes up about 1/5 of the paving and the swimming pool takes up the rest!

i have asked my parents if i can take the paving stones up and put a lawn on the whole paving area this will give the ducks a lot more space and if it does happen i will move the pool onto the decking so they will have lots of grassy space to play on! i only came up with the idea today so i dont know if it will happen, its up to my parents right now they say now, but they was like NO! when i asked them if i could get the ducks and i eventually managed to persuade them, so hopefully they will let me i just have to be really nice to them and keep bringing it into the conversation
fl.gif

You could tell them the health benefits for the ducks and the cons of them being on pavers all day. That really isn't that great for there feet. Nice grass they could eat and get bugs out of they would love it. (just don't push your luck and make your parents say get rid of the ducks)

Quote:
If the area is small, they will most likely kill any grass that you put down.

This is true.

However, 688peterl, you may be able to manage the grassy area. Like instead of letting them hang out on it everyday all day, find the amount of time you can have them on it without destroying it, and then let the grass recover. They will do more damage to the grass when the grass is wet.

i need some space for them to exercise! the run is pretty small its about 25 foot square and 10 of that is the house part they only go in at night.. what else can i do?

my neighbours have a plot thing at the back their house and its enormous! were not on spaking terms though
th.gif

i meant speaking terms and omg brainwave! i could get another paddling pool, fill it with sand and they can use that as a play area! what ya think?

Back
Top Bottom