I have become... a nestbox? o.O

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by pipdzipdnreadytogo, Jul 3, 2011.

1. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    First let me explain our setup. The nestboxes are a stand-alone structure that can be removed completely from the coop without tools. The structure sticks out about a yard from the wall of the coop. I keep my fresh straw bale in the corner between the nestboxes and the front of the coop for easy access.
    Well, this morning after finishing my chores I was sitting next to the straw with a gap between my back and the nestboxes, when all of the sudden I felt someone bump against my back. I looked over my shoulder to see this:
    [​IMG]
    This is Twisty, a normally unfriendly Rhodie girl who never comes to me for attention. I was confused at first, but then I heard her make the little chirping sound that some of my girls make when they enter the nest and the fact that I was next to a straw bale made the pieces fall together in my mind. And I laughed and just relished in the fact that she was nest-dazed enough for me to snuggle her a little. [​IMG] Obviously, though, I didn't want her laying an egg right there in the middle of the coop. When I stood up, she was still rather nest-dazed, enough that I managed this nice picture of her:
    [​IMG]
    It's amazing to me how fast you can go from being the treatbringer or the attention-giver to being a perch (or a nestbox) with these birds. [​IMG] Anyone else have a similar story?

2. ginger c.

ginger c. Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Alabama
    too funny! [​IMG]

3. chi-rn

chi-rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009