I have been bitten!

fourpekinducks

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 4, 2011
Wellingborough
I have had my 4 pekins (Orange, Soy, Plum and Hoisen) for 9 days and I want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am already browsing the free ads! Not sure what I want though - maybe a duck with a bit of colour..................

I went from my first 2 and then 2 months later 3 more and now i want more again but not enough room to keep them all safe
sad.png

I love my chickens. But, boy, do I love my ducks! They're always smiling, have you noticed that?

I went so far as to special order a 300 gallon stock tank for their swimming pool. It's deep enough for them to swim, torpedo like, totally submerged in circles around the tank. (I call it "submarining.") I did have to put a Wildlife Escape Ramp in it, though... after one of my chickens nearly drowned when she couldn't get out after falling into it.

The sound of their webby feet slapping the ground as they get the zoomies to go check something out on the other side of the yard... the quiet gabbling late at night under my bedroom window. The gentle billing for attention, tugging at my clothing. The sheer joy they exhibit when doing just about ANYthing. The fun they have together, drilling in the mud next to their kiddie pool. (The stock tank is for serious swimming; the kiddie pool is the day to day water play spot.)

Love my ducks.

Back
Top Bottom