I have been flogged FYI ***I will NOT be culling this Rooster

1. Flush the wound well...

2. Use a 1:1 mix of saline and water. Full strenght peroxide can actually damage tissues....

3. Antibiotic ointment...

You have 72 hours from the time of the injury to get your tetanus shot, if you have not had one within 10 years, this should be your #1 priority in the morning!

silkiechicken is right..cull the toerag. If you want to try to work with him, I do not recommend chasing him because that can cause him to stand his ground and fight...they do not always run from you. Since he has actually flogged and punctured it is time for rooster butt kicking 101.

Reach down and grab him, pick him up and holding both of his feet together with one hand, hold his beak shut with the other and do not let go of him for any reason until he has stopped struggling and become passive. Each time you walk into his area do not give him your back...watch him and if he comes at you...grab him up and repeat the process. If he continues to come at you...punt his feathered butt like a football. Until you put him in his place, he is going to flog.

But, he sounds too far gone in my opinion and he needs to go to freezer camp. But good luck with him.

Quote:
I had to laugh while reading this one. I had a visual the whole time. I have actually done just what you have described in the past and it worked for a while. Now he is at it again.

the potato thingI wa talking about is for when you have an infection. Slice open a potato, put the opened end onto the wound, it will remove the infection.

A good garden rake works wonders for an attitude adjustment.....just sayin'..
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom