I have been plotting this for about a month...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Chicken Lady, Dec 11, 2011.

1. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG]

Yesterday, it was "Pet Photos with Santa" day at our local pet shop. The sign didn't specify which types of pets were allowed, so I have been plotting for a few weeks to bring along my buddy Rocky Rooster. Rocky lives a pretty normal chicken life out in our chicken barn with the rest of the flock, but yesterday he got to go out and see a bit of the world. [​IMG] He was very well-behaved and sat nicely on Santa's lap; I brought along a "safety towel" to put beneath him just in case he got a little too excited about meeting the jolly old elf. [​IMG]

We got a copy of the photo in exchange for a donation to our local animal rescue organization. Apparently, Rocky's picture is also going to be featured in an upcoming article in the group's monthly newsletter. The volunteers asked me to write up a blurb about Rocky, what breed he is (Serama) and where we got him from -- the Michigan Chickenstock -- which means I got to put in a plug for backyardchickens.com. Hopefully, they'll include the name of this site in their newsletter. That would rock! The guy who was playing Santa wanted a picture for himself, as well. If you look closely at Santa's twinkling eyes, you can tell that he's trying his hardest not to bust out laughing.

Now you all can tell me how awesomely ridiculous I am. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Desirai

Desirai Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2011
    Alabama
    That is awesome!!! I love it

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

That is awesome.

Imp

4. itsmechrissy

itsmechrissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    OMG.. I'm so jealous.... I want a pic of my girls with Santa!

5. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    OMG That is great!!!

6. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    That's awesome!!!!

7. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    That is too cute! I plan on taking Baby Duck and Coby Roo to see Santa at Pet's Barn.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by