I have decided BYC makes me lazy....

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by cjeanean, Apr 25, 2008.

1. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    rather than search the internet for an answer, I have decided it's quicker to post here....that makes me lazy, and everyone else smart....

2. babyboy1_mom

babyboy1_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Louisiana
    I agree with you. It sure has made me lazy. I am still fairly new at this, so I have alot of questions that I have been finding answers to on BYC. It is just so much easier to find the answers here.......lol

3. QueenieBee

QueenieBee Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    It helps that everyone is so nice here. That makes it even easier to come here to post questions.

Yep, I'm lazy too. [​IMG]

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

BYC is not makeing ME lazy....as a matter of fact....BYC is makeing me get out more...do MORE WORK! I see new chickens on here...different breeds....I WANT THEM ALL!! LOL Poor DH, building another coop this summer...as it stands now...I have 14 pens to feed, water, clean..and to think...3 yrs ago....I only wanted 6 or 7 hens for eggs...just for the 2 of us! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  5. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

I have to agree and disagree... Is that possible?!?!?!?!??
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have lots of other forums that I go onto, but this is the site I spend most of my time on. I do most of my posting on and learn the most on. Someday when it's really interesting I have to pull myself away from the comptuer..... [​IMG] [​IMG]

Although I have learned lots, gotten a serious addiction, need a support group, offered some advise, meet lots of friendly people, ordered my first set of eggs, bought 2 incubators, all because of this site that might make me lazy...Or is it just smart...

Not having to waste time surfing the net, when I can get almost all answers right here. Heck maybe that dont' make me lazy at all. It must make me smart. I just come to this site, find the info I need and then off I go to fix my new addiction. So in turn being lazy coming to BYC has actually made me unlazy because when away from comptuer I get lots of other stuff done--some of it from others wonderful ideas..
    Thank you!!
    Shawna

6. ncgnance

ncgnance Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Iredell County, NC
    Shawna, you are so right. I have learned so much here from so many great people. And I share what knowledge I have with whomever I feel I can help. I do have one small, pet peeve. It bothers me to read, "I bought some cute, fuzzy little chicks because I alway wanted them. Now what do I do?" I always want to tell them to find out FIRST what do do, THEN get the chicks. As I always say, All knowledge is written down somewhere. All you have to do is find it....

7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:So true!

8. QueenieBee

QueenieBee Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    OK, I will take my lazy comment back then. [​IMG]

It's not making me lazy in the sense that I no longer research anything for myself. I should say that it makes it easier to access imformation that I trust and to get that information quickly. It also helps to get different viewpoints as well. I like being able to talk to "live" people.

Now if I can just get off my tookus and build some of those beautiful coops I've seen on here I would be doing great! Maybe I am lazy afterall. [​IMG]

9. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    Ok I think it is making me smarter!! I never knew anything about chickens before this site. We can say lazy in the house keeping part I would rather read all this info than clean:lau. I had never been in a chat on-line till this either it always frecked me out talking to strangers. Guess my Mom taught me well I am a 33 year old married woman.[​IMG]:lau

10. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    LOL, yeah, it saves time, and gives me more to do....I just think it's funny..... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by