I have got to limit my time on this website. My eggs are on day 5.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by delsi64, May 15, 2009.

1. delsi64

delsi64 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2009
    Riverton
    This website is so addicting!!!! I have eggs in the incubator and it is only day 5 and I already want day 21 to get here to see if I have learned enough to make this work. I have learned a lot and just keep reading and reading and searching for every possible opinion on anything that happens. It is great to know I am not the only one learning and trying to figure this incubation process out. I appreciate all of the experts too. I enjoy hearing everyone's stories and can relate to a lot of them. I am a little dissappointed to find out that shipped eggs don't hatch as well, and the the LG incubator isn't the best, but I am still hopeful and look at the incubator constantly. Sometimes so much I don't get everything done that I need to.

Does anyone else have this problem? If I don't settle down this will be the longest 21 days of my life.

What is it about chickens that gets us so crazy and addicted.?

Thanks for the fun site.

2. mamanaturale

mamanaturale Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    spokane, wa
    [​IMG] i took me about 1.5 weeks to get over the bator peering.... time seems to speed up a bit then..... then it starts again around hatch time! lol i have my very first duck eggs hatching right now from shipped eggs even, so don't despair. the more you know, the better you do! one thing i wish i had done in the beginning was calibrate my thermometer and hygrometer. if you haven't do it! [​IMG] and good luck!

3. undermywings

undermywings chicken chaser

Mar 29, 2009
    California high desert
    I have too much to do to stay on here too long but find I come running here late at night or early morning. Now, my DH is complaining that I got him hooked on this site. But wow, we learn a lot and I have had chickens for over 35 years. It is also encouraging when you help or support 'others like us'!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by