I have got to rant!!!

You have to wonder about people that go to a family reunion looking for a little action
tongue.png

I knew when I made my desicion to talk to my friend, that it was going to cause dramma. I know the rule of thumb that the messanger always gets killed. Thats why I went ONLY to my mother, to ask her advice on whether or not I should ask my friend if he wanted me in his business. I wasn't even going to just come out and tell him, I was going to ask if he wanted to know... I had no clue that my mother would go directly to him and open her "what I now know to be" big mouth... I now know better for future reference, to NOT tell my mother anything that could be damaging...

HarlansHollowFarms, You are absolutely correct in everything you said. And for the most part I have removed myself, and my family from people who bring others down, or cause problems... But I am not always in control of the people that are invited to locations of gatherings. I do for the most part try my best to stay away, and have minimal contact with known trouble makers. But like in the instance of yesterday, that reunion was held at my brothers property, and him and his wife invited their friends who are not family. Thats fine, its they're place, and they can invite who ever they wish too. So next time, if it is held at my brothers, I will not attend. It sucks, but it seems to be the best choice.

welsummerchicks, You've made some very good points. However, I was going to wait until another day to talk to my friend about his girlfriends actions. I was NOT going to say a word to him until the party was over, and we could talk alone. And honestly, all I would have told him, was what I saw, and what I heard. Not any opinions that I may have, but just the facts of what I witnessed.

redhen, I too would want a close friend to feel comfortable enough to tell me if they had seen my husband acting in the manner that this woman was acting. What I would do with that information afterwards would be my choice, and something I would think over carefully. I do however understand why my brother was/is upset. His wife invited my friends girlfriend, I saw something I wasn't meant to see, our mother opened her mouth, and a small amount of dramma occured. I already apologised to my brother for bearing witness, and told him I would leave. I didn't want dramma at the family gathering anymore than he did.

PineappleMama, I was downright ticked when I found out that my mother opened her mouth. I pulled her off to the side, and gave her an ear full. Told her it was in no way her place to say one word about it to anybody, as SHE did not witness it I did. And like I already said, I know now to not trust my mother to keep her mouth shut.

debiraymond, The only problem I see with minding my own and finding ways to help her get caught is.... If I do something to help her get caught, then in my own mind, I am just as guilty as she is. I would rather live with the concequences of telling my friend what I saw and heard, even if its loosing him as a friend for a while. because I know, she will get busted one way or another. I personally believe that getting her caught, would cause much more dramma, than telling him word for word what I heard, and what I saw. If I would have been able to tell him myself, he could have thought about how he would aproach her, and not have it all out in the open in front of over 100 people. And again, I would have waited until LATER away from the party, when it was just him and I. I do however agree with you. It would have been much easier to just ignore it. But that, in my mind, would make me less of a friend.

I appreciate all of your opinions and thoughts on this matter. And now that I have calmed down over night, I can discuss this situation without wanting to scream and pull my hair out.

Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom