I have learned a very important lesson all over again!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BettyR, Oct 3, 2008.

1. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Nobody is going to take care of your kids or your chickens the way you do...and I mean nobody!!!!

I learned a long time ago that the only person I could trust to take care of my kids the way I would was my mom... then my oldest daughter when she was old enough. My oldest daughter was more responsible at 10 than any adult I knew including DH.

Well I’ve learned that lesson all over again. Thankfully it didn’t cost anyone their life but it so easily could have. My son and I have been working very hard trying to clean up after the storm (Ike) and I was exhausted last night so I took my shower early and was ready for bed at 7:30. I asked DH if he would go close the chicken house and lock the door...any 5 year old could have done it.

I walk out this morning to let the chickens out and they are already out. I call DH at work and ask him if he let the chickens out before he left for work and he says "no...I guess the door just didn’t catch when I shut it last night." [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

He is sooooo lucky that he is my only source of income or he would be so dead!!!!!! [​IMG]

2. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:HAHAAHAH [​IMG]
    Completely understand what your saying.
    Some nights I wonder about DH??? Like does he really understand that the door needs to be CLOSED-not just check on the birds. The gates ALL NEED TO BE CLOSED- or we will be up at 3 in the morning chasing sheep, goats, horses, llamas outta the next field.

3. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    I know how you feel. It sucks to think something is being done like you asked and then find out later that it wasn't done at all or wasn't done the way you asked! ugh.....men! You can't live with them, and you can't shoot um! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  4. Bizzy

Bizzy Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2008
    Zebulon, NC
    I started to put my 2 cents in about this then realized my DH reads this website, too, so...never mind!!! [​IMG]

5. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Just goes to show that that old saying is true... if you want a job done right, you have to do it yourself.
    And as far as our DHs go, what can one do? They are, after all, only men [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by