I have learned a very important lesson all over again!!!

BettyR

Songster
12 Years
Mar 1, 2008
Texas Gulf Coast
Nobody is going to take care of your kids or your chickens the way you do...and I mean nobody!!!!

I learned a long time ago that the only person I could trust to take care of my kids the way I would was my mom... then my oldest daughter when she was old enough. My oldest daughter was more responsible at 10 than any adult I knew including DH.

Well I’ve learned that lesson all over again. Thankfully it didn’t cost anyone their life but it so easily could have. My son and I have been working very hard trying to clean up after the storm (Ike) and I was exhausted last night so I took my shower early and was ready for bed at 7:30. I asked DH if he would go close the chicken house and lock the door...any 5 year old could have done it.

I walk out this morning to let the chickens out and they are already out. I call DH at work and ask him if he let the chickens out before he left for work and he says "no...I guess the door just didn’t catch when I shut it last night."
barnie.gif
he.gif
th.gif
ep.gif

He is sooooo lucky that he is my only source of income or he would be so dead!!!!!!
smack.gif

Quote:
HAHAAHAH
lau.gif

Completely understand what your saying.
Some nights I wonder about DH??? Like does he really understand that the door needs to be CLOSED-not just check on the birds. The gates ALL NEED TO BE CLOSED- or we will be up at 3 in the morning chasing sheep, goats, horses, llamas outta the next field.

I know how you feel. It sucks to think something is being done like you asked and then find out later that it wasn't done at all or wasn't done the way you asked! ugh.....men! You can't live with them, and you can't shoot um!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Just goes to show that that old saying is true... if you want a job done right, you have to do it yourself.
And as far as our DHs go, what can one do? They are, after all, only men
roll.png
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom