I have looked all over, but can't find what breed this hen is.

I found the breed, regular grey american game.
for so long. I am so happy, I was looking for the breed s

Yep. Regular American Grey. That is what they are. The problem is finding a source for them. If you say "Regular American Grey" in a room full of chicken people, it's like you have said the forbidden word or something. Not sure what it is all about, but it seems like this breed is a special fighting breed and people that have them are fighting them illegally and so they don't want anyone to know they have them. I can't say for sure that this is what is going on, but it sure seems like it might be. It is a real pain for me because I just want them for their hardiness. Very frustrating!

Yep. Regular American Grey. That is what they are. The problem is finding a source for them. If you say "Regular American Grey" in a room full of chicken people, it's like you have said the forbidden word or something. Not sure what it is all about, but it seems like this breed is a special fighting breed and people that have them are fighting them illegally and so they don't want anyone to know they have them. I can't say for sure that this is what is going on, but it sure seems like it might be. It is a real pain for me because I just want them for their hardiness. Very frustrating!

I think that to say that the people that have them use them for illegal figting is a very generalized an unfair asumption. There is a lot of game breeders in this country and I've never had a problem contacting breeders about gamebirds. However your problem may be that the especific color variety you are looking for may be rare or the breeders you have contacted don't have them. Greys are quite popular. The buttermilk color among greys however are not that common I think. I see more often the regular coloration of the regular grey hen than the buttermilk.

I am going to say this with much experience they are both gamefowl of American or Other European breeds (English,Irish, or Spanish ). The darker coloured specimen is the same color of many Red Jungle fowl hens & native chickens I have seen in many of the villages back home in the Philippines. If they ever lay inseminated eggs, see how they react to your hand ...

Could be a hatch or pumpkin maybe even a red quil but she is game.
I moved out in the country five years ago and wanted some chicken right away. I got full grown chickens from all over, some bought and some given. Later I raised 36 Rhode Island Reds from chicks that I bought at the local feed store. At some point I got five hens that have really proven to be great chickens. Not only are they pretty, but they seem to have a survivor attitude. They are strong and very independent minded. Over the years I have lost all but one of them. I really want to identify what breed she is before it is too late. I have looked at thousands of photos online and cannot not find a picture that looks like her. Maybe someone here can help. Thanks in advance.

I don't know what breed it is and won't dare to try t guess. She looks very pretty! I was just telling my neighbor my story before I signed on this site. This morning I went out to feed my girls, when I called them t come for their daily ration of grains I looked down and there's a pretty little white spotted hen looking up at me like well what ya feeding us!
I think it might be a game fowl of some type because of the body shape and feathering but it looks like she might be a crossbreed possibly with a leghorn maybe???? She's very independent!! I can't get near here now that she has been fed and has some energy back. So what do I do with her??? Any advice?

Back
Top Bottom