I have named my chickens

Kiowa

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 10, 2012
yippiechickie.gif
I have 9 baby chicks ,( my first), and was going to name them after all the girls I knew in my small community town in Colorado. One of my girlfriends was offended and told me she didn't want to be any part of the all women I hate. So I told my husband that I couldn't name them any of the names because every time I look at them I'll think those are the the women hate.
I was thinking, when I think of chickens names I think of Aunts,Gramma's and Great Gramma's. So it came to me! All of both our Grama's and Graet Gramma's names. So here they are;
Georgia , Mary Louise,Clara,Dula,Florence,Vera ,Ester,Luella, and I 'm still waiting to hear from an in-law to get my husband's GG's name. AWESOME!
jumpy.gif
Got it!
Eva, His Great GM's name

Last edited:
Nice names I `m getting 5 day old chicks this sunday and I have already named them! Heres the names, Marley,Frosty, Lulu, Penny and Molly ( the last two are my sister`s!) They are all RIR!! Sooooooo nervous/excited!!
celebrate.gif

How adorable! I started off naming my chickens old-time lady names, like Cora, Mitzi, Fran, Gertrude and Joyce...but the names started to morph and get sillier. Joyce became Helga because she was like a huge bossy viking. The silkies were sooo wierd looking they got named Grendel and Zifnab. And now I have a salmon faverolles roo named Blackbeard the Pirate!

I've got two left to name, and I'm biding my time. I might steal some of your names, haha!

My first batch of chicks I kind of rhymed names:blonde,buddy,biddy,lucky, and charlie(I thought was the only roo) Now I have 7 new chicks that I have to work on naming.

When I was young we got two hens from my mom's friend. We named them Rachel and Rhonda. A few months later, we added another hen and a rooster. They were Rodney and Ruby. We had them for maybe two years, and then Rodney and Rachel had Ralph. And that's where the story ends. Rodney and Ralph didn't have enough hens to be happy...so they all went back to the friend's farm. I haven't a clue how I'm going to name the 18 I have now. I have 3 big white pullets that I call "Bertha 1, Bertha 2 and Bertha 3". I can't tell them apart right now. And I am certain I have a Wyandotte rooster that I decided should be named Seamus today. But I basically have 17 chickens with no names outside!!!

Back
Top Bottom