I have no idea what I am doing

Awe I hope so. We finally got him eating out of our hands and now he comes right to us. Even lets us hold him now without trying to get away. He is do darn cute
So happy things are working out for you guys and Flynn!
Oh and ×2 on what everyone said about the heater. But I feel your pain I wanna spoil my ducks too.. .even though they don't appreciate it anyway! :lau
Give them a nice warm bed and they just want sit out in the cold rain and dig and stomp in the mud :rolleyes:

image.png
Morning all. Lucky and Flynn woke me up at 6 as usual. I went out to find their pond frozen. I was able to break up the ice as it wasn't very thick. I let them out of the coop to run around the gazebo while I cleaned out some frozen nuggets and they were actually sitting a little bit to warm their feet as it's so damn cold out.

I opened their door and they ran down the ramp and rushed over to the pond like they do every morning only to find the ice still floating. Both are standing beside the pond quietly with their necks stretched to see over the edge and staring quietly as though they are at a funeral for their best friend lol.

As I turned to leave the run to head inside for a hot cup of coffee I looked back and both of them had already turned to look at me almost as if to say "hey dude, your leaving this pond like this? We can't go in there!" This is terrible lol.

Is it ok if they do go in it with the ice still floating around in it?

Last edited:
Morning all. Lucky and Flynn woke me up at 6 as usual. I went out to find their pond frozen. I was able to break up the ice as it wasn't very thick. I let them out of the coop to run around the gazebo while I cleaned out some frozen nuggets and they were actually sitting a little bit to warm their feet as it's so damn cold out.

I opened their door and they ran down the ramp and rushed over to the pond like they do every morning only to find the ice still floating. Both are standing beside the pond quietly with their necks stretched to see over the edge and staring quietly as though they are at a funeral for their best friend lol.

As I turned to leave the run to head inside for a hot cup of coffee I looked back and both of them had already turned to look at me almost as if to say "hey dude, your leaving this pond like this? We can't go in there!" This is terrible lol.

Don't you have a pool skimmer to clean that up?:lau

View attachment 1184100 Morning all. Lucky and Flynn woke me up at 6 as usual. I went out to find their pond frozen. I was able to break up the ice as it wasn't very thick. I let them out of the coop to run around the gazebo while I cleaned out some frozen nuggets and they were actually sitting a little bit to warm their feet as it's so damn cold out.

You just added the pic, right? Thank you X 10!!! :love

Back
Top Bottom