I have no idea what I am doing

Oh Steven, I feel your anguish. A balmy 15 degrees this morning when I went to check on my feathered babies. I just wanted to wrap them up in a blankie and rock them. Ugghhh...this is going to be a mentally exhausting winter. I'm quite shocked that you don't have a coffee maker all set up inside their palace. :)
Lol no coffee maker but Mike and I hung out with them for an hour last night before they went to bed and we were all wrapped up in blankets trying to keep warm. One good thing was that while we were in there with the light on the temp inside went up to almost 40 inside while it was 25 outside with a wind chill of 14. Unfortunately that temp is short lived. I got up at 2 and checked and it was the same temp as outside

Lol no coffee maker but Mike and I hung out with them for an hour last night before they went to bed and we were all wrapped up in blankets trying to keep warm. One good thing was that while we were in there with the light on the temp inside went up to almost 40 inside while it was 25 outside with a wind chill of 14. Unfortunately that temp is short lived. I got up at 2 and checked and it was the same temp as outside
I think it's time for an addition....you and Mike need a place to crash. :) lol

Your Ducky Digs are the best set-up I ever saw. I just showed my boyfriend all that you did with "How cool is that!" interjected quite a bit....and he looked me squarely in the eyes (with a hint of panic) and said, "You don't expect me to build THAT do you???" :lau

I think it's time for an addition....you and Mike need a place to crash. :) lol

Your Ducky Digs are the best set-up I ever saw. I just showed my boyfriend all that you did with "How cool is that!" interjected quite a bit....and he looked me squarely in the eyes (with a hint of panic) and said, "You don't expect me to build THAT do you???" :lau
It hasn't been easy. We were just at the store the other day getting sand, pavers and pea gravel to get rid of the muddy area and Mike said I hope this is it. I just looked and laughed. Not by a long shot. This is our first time around and I'm sure there will be plenty of things we have done that will end up not working for our situation just like the grass disappearing and ending up with mud. I think this will be a work in progress for quite some time to come.

It hasn't been easy. We were just at the store the other day getting sand, pavers and pea gravel to get rid of the muddy area and Mike said I hope this is it. I just looked and laughed. Not by a long shot. This is our first time around and I'm sure there will be plenty of things we have done that will end up not working for our situation just like the grass disappearing and ending up with mud. I think this will be a work in progress for quite some time to come.
My problem is I peruse this site and see all the cool ideas and think to myself...I can add that...or hmmmm....that's clever...**screen shot** lol Yes...I think it will be a perpetual project...

My problem is I peruse this site and see all the cool ideas and think to myself...I can add that...or hmmmm....that's clever...**screen shot** lol Yes...I think it will be a perpetual project...
I do not know much about raising ducks. I'm learning as I go and thankfully I have BYC but the one thing I have figured out is that any notions you have about it will certainly be way harder than you thought, more expensive and waaaay more time consuming. On the other hand I did this because I fell in love with an egg, the minute is saw movement inside and NEVER could have imagined just how much I would end up loving her and now Flynn as well. they are my first thought in the morning and I can't wait to see them and my last thought at night and hate to leave them.

I do not know much about raising ducks. I'm learning as I go and thankfully I have BYC but the one thing I have figured out is that any notions you have about it will certainly be way harder than you thought, more expensive and waaaay more time consuming. On the other hand I did this because I fell in love with an egg, the minute is saw movement inside and NEVER could have imagined just how much I would end up loving her and now Flynn as well. they are my first thought in the morning and I can't wait to see them and my last thought at night and hate to leave them.

Oh, I completely understand! My little flock of 5 chickens were dumped off where I work. The only thing I knew about chickens was that I liked eggs. :) For 3 weeks they lived at my workplace. I named them the 2nd week. I fed them Cheerios and Raisin Bran...and whatever I was eating for lunch. I decided that I needed to rescue them and give them a nice, safe home. Mad dash coop building with scrap lumber and such took place over a weekend. Built the thing from a picture I found online...no plans, just a picture. lol I rescued the chickens the following Monday and Tuesday evening. Since then...I've been reading everything on BYC and asking questions. I'm in the process of adding a run...if Mother Nature would just cooperate! I wish this whole rescue thing would of started in the spring or summer to allow enough time to get everything ready.

I can't believe how attached I have become...I worry endlessly about them. My saga is in the New Member forum under "Where did they come from?" thread. It's been quite the emotional roller coaster so far...but I wouldn't trade the ride for anything! :)

Oh, I completely understand! My little flock of 5 chickens were dumped off where I work. The only thing I knew about chickens was that I liked eggs. :) For 3 weeks they lived at my workplace. I named them the 2nd week. I fed them Cheerios and Raisin Bran...and whatever I was eating for lunch. I decided that I needed to rescue them and give them a nice, safe home. Mad dash coop building with scrap lumber and such took place over a weekend. Built the thing from a picture I found online...no plans, just a picture. lol I rescued the chickens the following Monday and Tuesday evening. Since then...I've been reading everything on BYC and asking questions. I'm in the process of adding a run...if Mother Nature would just cooperate! I wish this whole rescue thing would of started in the spring or summer to allow enough time to get everything ready.

I can't believe how attached I have become...I worry endlessly about them. My saga is in the New Member forum under "Where did they come from?" thread. It's been quite the emotional roller coaster so far...but I wouldn't trade the ride for anything! :)
I will have to check it out thanks

Awe I hope so. We finally got him eating out of our hands and now he comes right to us. Even lets us hold him now without trying to get away. He is do darn cute
thats great!!!

Unless that ducks name is Peg... when it rains, she hollers to come inside or at least up onto the porch... :rolleyes:
:love gotta love that peg :love

Is it ok if they do go in it with the ice still floating around in it?
yeppers, they may even play with it, mine do

:lol: I'm right there with ya! I've had lots of pets over the years but for some reason these ducks just consume your thoughts! I even dream about ducks sometimes :hmm

:frowHi! I remember your rescue story!
Welcome to the roller coaster hold on tight and don't look down!

image.jpeg
Look who can't wait to get in their pool. Finally warmed up enough to clean it out and refill it.

Back
Top Bottom