I have no idea what I am doing

3B107964-E139-4D5A-B034-8876E8102539.jpeg
E1856362-82CA-4276-BC06-4BD5A0EA2782.jpeg
I love that girl! But Steven - after all this time , still not a speck of poop to be seen in the duck house?? Is that a little OCD at work?:lau
Lmao. They almost never go inside on their own. We bring them in there at night and sit with them for an hour or so and then lock them in the coop for sleeping. If they poop on the floor when we are in there we clean it right away because we hand out with them in there. Whatever they do inside their coop at night get picked up in the morning when we let them out. Yes I am a bit much with the cleaning but I think the pics might make it easier to see how we are able to keep it so clean. On a very very rare occasion if the go in on their own they will crap it up in minutes lol.

View attachment 1615147 View attachment 1615146
Lmao. They almost never go inside on their own. We bring them in there at night and sit with them for an hour or so and then lock them in the coop for sleeping. If they poop on the floor when we are in there we clean it right away because we hand out with them in there. Whatever they do inside their coop at night get picked up in the morning when we let them out. Yes I am a bit much with the cleaning but I think the pics might make it easier to see how we are able to keep it so clean. On a very very rare occasion if the go in on their own they will crap it up in minutes lol.
That is just the most awesome place! It looks so cozy. Do you have a hot chocolate out there when you sit with them?:)

What kind of quail? I've raised both Bobwhite and Coturnix (Japanese or pharaoh) quail. I found the former very difficult, plus you need a permit, whereas the latter are one of the easiest birds to raise and you don't need a permit.

Back
Top Bottom