I have no idea what my chickens are, all of them have different colour feet!!

MyCreoleBirds

In the Brooder
Hello, I am new at raising chickens and instead of buying some chickens at a hatchery in my country i decided to rescue some wild baby chickens that were scavenging with their mother on a beach in my country. There were six chicks and I caught five of them, they are 3 months old now. I don't know what breed they are! My country has a lot of red jungle fowl, but these look nothing like a red jungles at all. All that I have now are males because my only hen died last week of an unknown reason, it was just sick one day and it died that same night. The dead hen and two of the males are pure white in colour with black feet, orange feet and white, and the other two are pure black in colour with one black feet and the other with brown feet. The mother of these chicken were white but I don't remember what colour feet she had. Does anyone know the breed of these chicken? Here are some photos of them at 7 weeks old, I have no recent photos of them.
Screenshot_2018-11-21-20-32-10.png
Screenshot_2018-11-21-20-32-26.png
Screenshot_2018-11-21-20-32-10.png

:welcome
What country are you from? I'm from the U.S.A.
They look gamey to me.They may have Jungle Fowl in them. You might be able to ask or look around for people in your area who may have chickens. The white ones look almost Leghorn.

There also could be three different breeds there. Notice: there is three different leg colors. Either the yellow or pale legged one has different parent from the blacks and one of the whites. I would say that the father of them all is something black with the dark legs. Then I would say two different hens were laying in that nest.

You say the mother was white, but the nest may have had multiple hens laying there eggs in it. Also multiple fathers may be involved. I see all straight combs though.
I think you have a nice little flock of healthy happy birds, i see a couple pailer combs that may be hens.
Thank you for rescuing them!
And welcome to the backyard!

They look gamey to me.They may have Jungle Fowl in them. You might be able to ask or look around for people in your area who may have chickens. The white ones look almost Leghorn.

There also could be three different breeds there. Notice: there is three different leg colors. Either the yellow or pale legged one has different parent from the blacks and one of the whites. I would say that the father of them all is something black with the dark legs. Then I would say two different hens were laying in that nest.

Thank you, for your help. I am from the Caribbean, St. Vincent and the Grenadines to be specific, my people do not know a lot about chicken breeds, we just call any wild chicken "yard fowl" or "creole fowl" here. The chickens they have at the hatchery here are Cornish cross chickens, rhode island reds and some hatcheries have red rangers sometimes, but wild chickens here are just called "yard fowls" or "creoles".

Thank you, for your help. I am from the Caribbean, St. Vincent and the Grenadines to be specific, my people do not know a lot about chicken breeds, we just call any wild chicken "yard fowl" or "creole fowl" here. The chickens they have at the hatchery here are Cornish cross chickens, rhode island reds and some hatcheries have red rangers sometimes, but wild chickens here are just called "yard fowls" or "creoles".
we have different types of "yard fowls" here, we have the "regular yard fowl" which are the red jungle fowls, we have the Long Tailed yard fowl which is what I think I have (they have really nice long and fluffy tails), we have the Stripped Neck yard fowl (this one has no feathers on its neck), the Hairy foot yard fowl (these have feathers on their feet), we have the Crazy Sensei fowl (these have their feathers growing in a backwards direction giving them a crazy karate fighting kinda look) and we have th some pretty yard fowls that have a barred rock colour. I'll take photos of them and show you each type when I come across them.

we have different types of "yard fowls" here, we have the "regular yard fowl" which are the red jungle fowls, we have the Long Tailed yard fowl which is what I think I have (they have really nice long and fluffy tails), we have the Stripped Neck yard fowl (this one has no feathers on its neck), the Hairy foot yard fowl (these have feathers on their feet), we have the Crazy Sensei fowl (these have there feathers growing in a backwards direction giving them a crazy karate fighting kinda look) and we have th some pretty yard fowls that have a barred rock colour. I'll take photos of them and show you each type when I come across them.
I'd love to see the photos.

Back
Top Bottom