I have Pipping!

tinalibnania

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 29, 2011
Detroit
!st timer at incubation and at 19 days my eggs are rockin and a rolling and 3 have pipped....so much peeping going on!!!....The whole family is eggcited
wee.gif
wee.gif
love.gif
bow.gif
highfive.gif
jumpy.gif
yesss.gif

I love my BR's!

13..originally 16, I candeled at day 5 and 3 were duds...just not fertilized but the rest seem to be doing great. My hubby thought I was nuts and "hearing things" all night...loll

Oh, and thank you on the complement, that is daddy Roo, he's a beaut and only 7 months old. He's kept busy with 14 ladies :)

Last edited:
Did you set bantams? I know they hatch early. Your temp could be a touch high but sounds like it's going to be a great hatch for you.

Congratulations.

Nope, regular BR's...but they come from good stock. As you see in my pics the roo is huge and healthy for a 7 month old and all the ladies (14) started laying at 5 months and 13-14 eggs per day...thay r super chickens I guess.
love.gif

Last edited:
And my temp has kinda been all over the place, didn't know what to expect being a first timer.

Edit...Daughter just noticed number 4 pipped!

Last edited:
7 out of 13 now....I am exhausted but so happy. These little guys are just so amazing and tough! 5 already acting goofy in the brooder....pics soon!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom