I have puppies!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Haviris2, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Haviris2

Haviris2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Yep, I need to just go ahead and have 'sucker' tattooed on my forehead. The dog catcher came into the clinic I work at hoping someone would take them, otherwise they would go to the humane society and be put down (strange how everyone looked at me). They were under a burning house, of course the owners (hoarders from what the dog catcher said, I'm thinking mostly stuff, but probably several dogs to, several of which burned in the fire) didn't mention the puppies til after the fire was out, they were cold and wet when they got to me. There were actually 5, and I was originally taking all of them, but a co worker that comes in later came in and wanted to take a few (she thinks she might like to keep one), so I let her take her pick! She took one boy (the runt, she liked his heart shaped spot) and one girl. Leaving me w/ two girls and a boy. Sadly the boy passed away the next day, but I still have both little girls!

No idea what breed they are, I think they were only a few days at most when I got them, I've had them 5 days now, I'm dying to hear how their siblings are doing, but won't get a chance to find out til Wednesday.
    This one is my good one! Big fatty, eats like a champ!
    [​IMG]
    This ones the challanging one, but so far so good!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyway, I try not to get suckered to often, although I did bring home a kitten a few months ago (who's still here), but it just didn't seem right to let them die.

2. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    AWWW. So cute. I want another set of foster kittens.

3. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    OMG they are SOOOO cute!!!! Just looking at their little faces makes me imagine I smell puppy breath.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AND THE BABIES!!!!

4. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    Aww, what sweet babies. I almost hate to ask - what happened to Mama, did the fire get her?

I wish you all the best with them! Poor little things deserve a break.

Bless you for taking them in.

5. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    [​IMG] I bottle fed some puppies before, so much fun and sleep deprivation lol
    you have no idea what they are? it'll be fun to watch them as they get older and make guess' about the breeds that they might be!
    If they were at least a few days old when you got them its a good sign they got colostrom which is important for there first little immune system

6. Chicken Charlotte

Chicken Charlotte Out of the Brooder

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    Killing me here!

7. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    They are so cute! [​IMG]

Kudo's to you for taking care of them! [​IMG]

8. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    [​IMG] Awwww they are adorable. They are sure lucky to be with you! Good luck with the babies. [​IMG]

9. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    [​IMG] Awww... They are so sweet. How wonderful of you to take them in.

10. Haviris2

Haviris2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    It is very likely the mom burned in the fire, but I don't know that for sure, I was told the home owners drove away w/ some dogs in their car, but some dogs also died in the fire. Heard today that their siblings are doing well! She named them Blaze and Amber. I do have one small hint to breed, one has a bob tail, I'm leaning towards some small terrier type dog, maybe jack russel or rat terrier, it will be fun to watch and guess as they grow!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by