I have some questoins . I posted detailed pictures with questions and pictures. any one out there th

I know you didnt fall into duck ownership. You had mallards, complained about them at first and were worried they would destroy your ponds. You then quickly bought and added all of the other breeds. So no you didnt fall into this, you chose to jump in both feet and add multiple breeds and go with large numbers. All the while you kept asking advice and still doing and adding other birds. Your set up (pen) would be great with 1 pair of mandarins and 1 pair of wood ducks and if you must 1 pair of teals. No need to have multiple pairs of one breed unless you were to get rid of the others.

I never said i dont like you, i simply stated how you come off. I hope you will stop doing and start listening and learn what is best for what all you bought and added so quickly. Its apparent you like pretty things, so I am hoping you also want to do what is best for these animals you brought home and are now in charge of the care for. Figuring if said enough times eventually it should sink in that a few less birds will make happier birds and not be any less pretty to the eye.

No, I did fell into it since mallards person told me that every bird needs only 8 square footage and based on that I bought birds.
"yes, I fell into it" since I was advised by two duck owners that each needs 6 to 8 square footage and state requires 10 square footage for each bird. not As miss Lydia here says, many can affored to put pond and Uv lights and hardware cloth but I have listening and respecting others. It is not to brag really but to do " goodness: for them.

If you do not like me, please do not communicate with me further but can not continue to communicate with me in this fashion accusing me of things that I was completely unware of. ....and again I appreciate your help. However, you tend to make mount out of a moe hill.. making things like I knew it all and intentionally brought these ducks. Locally, someone told me not get any more ducks and I did not . Until then, I followed what fellow duck owners told me as far as square footage.
ReplyQuote Multi 0

I meant only thing ( not think) they love on water is meal worms and they go crazy. sorry, I am a bit tired since I had to build an aviary that cost $2500 i nthe last month and a half with pumps, painted not only the aviary but also the house. Yes your right after having two masters ( MBA & an MPA) and doing so well to keep an outstanding GPA, I should not be typing like that. It made you confused.

I hope I know more fresh food that I can feed my wood ducks as I read in the Gazette magazine .. they like arrow head seeds and since I have tons in the pond, I pick them up and feed them. They tend to pick on it. Also, I have been watching, white manderines love every thing. Now they are eating parrrott feathers that also grow in my pond.
Sorry I have no comment.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom