I have two or three boys, what to do?

webbysmeme

Crowing
Feb 10, 2018
Outside of Pontiac Illinois
I ordered 9 birds. I got 12! What to do now? I know I got two or three boys! What should I do? I have had bad experiences with aggressive roosters. How should I go forward? I do not want to kill birds, we want our birds for pets.
What can I do with these extra birds ????

Roosters don't have to be bad, most of my roosters have been nice. The breeds have alot to do with it. Some people will say all roosters are bad, but that is not true. I had a friend who came by for dinner, and I showed him a baby bird that had fallen from a roof top nest, and he said all rescue baby birds die, and that is not true either. As far as my roosters go, I play with them and they stay friendly, when they get to the age where the hormones kick in, if they try and attack, I do not play kick them with my foot. I pick them up and cuddle them, soon they learn to stay away, unless they want to be picked up, but most want to be. Also I never let them sneak up on me. And I have not had a problem. I also never show them fear, if you do, even with hens they will become top bird to you. good luck.

dawnacus 625.jpg
I bought 5 "pullets" from the feed store, 4 may be roosters...

You can keep them they can get along if they have enough space, you can also keep them separate when they are older but within site

Also you may find 4h clubs to donate a rooster or 2

I have 3 roos, 2 live with 24 hens and 1 who lives alone but right next to them so she sees them and interacts with them

They are all fine :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom