I have two pipping

KKluckers

Time Out
12 Years
Sep 4, 2007
My bantam silver laced cochins. One of the BR eggs is rocking. Im hoping I see more when I get home from class this afternoon. I think this is the longest part of the whole incubation.

Awesome, Christina! That's one of Lexie's right? Usually, her chicks are very vigorous. Yea!!!!
wee.gif

Yup Cyn! I think I might see a pip form that egg or a chick LOL when I get home tonight. It is sure moving a lot. Nothing form the Blue orps yet, but it is only day 20.

Came home from class and one cochin was hatched and another 1/2 way out. I have about five more pips(bantam). This is so exciting I just cant wait for the larger breeds to hatch.
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
pop.gif

Well I have six total chicks. Almost all the rest have pipped but, are taking a really long time. So far I have a silkie, 3 silver laced cochins, one blue orpington, and brah/orp cross. The first egg I heard peeping out of still hasent piped. It is the barred rock egg. I can still hear her inside at least I think it is her, so much peeping in the bator now.
big_smile.png
This is so exciting. I will post pictures int he next couple of days.

YAY! So exciting! Try not to open the bator too much now. I would also check the first pipped if it has not made it out by tomorrow since it is possible that he has dried out and got stuck. Search this section and you'll find lots of tutorials of what to do with a stuck chick. Remember to wait before trying anything though.

I know, it is hard! But I do know if I help, sometimes it does more harm than good. Thanks for the info I will look around.

Back
Top Bottom