i havent had an egg in a week

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickenracer, Aug 29, 2010.

1. chickenracer

chickenracer Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2010
    I use to have 1 to3 eggs an day no a big fat 0 I have 2 chicken coops one for my babies one for my adults I use to let my babies free ranges then preadtors(my dogs) strating geting them so I fenced that one in that's where thre adults lay there eggs and had not have egg since any advice

2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    I think a lot of people have been having the same problem, due to the heat in some areas.

3. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    It's heat/seasonal molt time of the year. Expect a decline between August and October. EVERYBODY is going through it to some degree or other, myself included [​IMG] I do have some laying, but others are molting and haven't laid for a week or two, and yet others who are still too young. It's a vicious cycle [​IMG]

4. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    I am having the same problem, at the beginning of summer I was steadily getting 3 eggs a day, now I am lucky to get one...what is going on??

5. Aaronblackman

Aaronblackman Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2010
    I had this with some ex battery hens I was given. I had 8 of them, the man said he was getting 8 eggs a da, well I was only getting 1 from all eight of them. It can mostly be down to stress, if they are moved to a new environment, put in with new hens or as people have said above, weather/environmental. After a month or so, and with good nest boxes, i was getting 8 a day from the girls... why did i give them away again? darn....

It could also be that they could be carrying mits/lice, check under their wings and there vents for any black fast moving things, i had lice on the 8 birds i got, with a bit of powder and some love, they were as good as new in no time [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by