I hear peeping!!!!

cindydj

Songster
13 Years
Jan 16, 2007
I was sitting here in the recliner with the hatcher on the table next to me and all of a sudden the dog in my lap jumps up and I start hearing a little chirping......look at the bator and oh my gosh it is pecking a little hole! I am so excited! It has a crack about the size of your little finger but not a hole yet. I sure didn't know they were that loud.....I hope they live!!! And right on time today is day 21 and it is one of our own RIR eggs, YES! Now I will be up all night checking on this little critter! This is FUN!

How long do you think till we have a chick? I guess it is resting now....

Some times they chip around the shell and pop right out. Sometimes, they'll pip and rest, chip away a bit more shell and rest...
Waiting on the slow ones can be so frustrating
smile.png

Any chicks out yet??

We had one this morning then went out with the horses....sold one that needed a new home and when we got back in two more had hatched we now have four little chicks and two eggs left....we had a good day....They are so cute. One is from my RIR and she lays and XL egg and that chick is almost twice the size of the others...now I see your system On Tuesday I will add my other eggs to the hatcher and on and on....
Thanks for all the help in this habit!

I had a lil bugger pip about 10 hours ago and she is chirpping his little head off but he still hasn't started zipping yet. The fisrst pip is big enough for hin to get his beak out so she is showing it to me all the time.

Back
Top Bottom