I hope they don't hit a tree.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ScoobyRoo, Dec 26, 2009.

1. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Seems like every good snow fall we have, the neighborhood comes here to sled. We have a great hill but a few trees. That is the only thing that makes me cringe. Afterwards, if they survive, they all come tromping in, put their wet clothes in the dryer, come to the kitchen for hot chocolate and go back out for another round of sledding. It makes me smile to see all the kids and grown-ups having fun. It is great to be the Queen![​IMG]

2. Junkmanme

Junkmanme Chillin' With My Peeps

I would "hang-around" for the Hot Chocolate. Don't do any sledding any longer..TOO COLD !!!

-Junkmanme- [​IMG]

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    How fun! I LOVE sledding! Yep, this "portly" 53 year old woman would be right out there on her own sled with the kids, showing them how to dodge the trees!

I have the full size sled my Mom had when she was a kid! Paint long gone and a slightly bent runner- and we're just waiting for the snow on the SC coast. [​IMG]

I applaud you, Your Majesty! [​IMG]

4. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Why thankyou ranchhand. The Queen's bones cant handle this cold weather. I sit by the window watching the my jesters being goofy.

junkman, it is 32 degrees here and they have been out there for over an hour now. I expect them to come in soon.

5. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Ohh, yep. I can tell you about hitting a tree on a sled. When I was in middle school we had a nice snow. We sledded down the hill behind our house. It also had a few trees. Ok, maybe a little more than a few. Anywho, it got warm during the day, melted a little and refroze over night. So, back out we go, bright and early the next morning. Our sled had one of those steering wheel thingies. I go flying down the hill, tried to turn, runners underneath the sled dont grip, wham. Hit a tree. Go inside, it doesn't hurt I tell my mom as my thumb turns black and blue and swells. I probably cracked it but will never know. My nail fell off and it took months before I could lift up on the car door handle without it hurting.

6. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    WEEEEEE!!!!!!! More Please! WEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Yes. I had a visual! Got kids myself that do the same thing. Only one I have to help dress and undress still. [​IMG]

7. Junkmanme

Junkmanme Chillin' With My Peeps

I never hit a tree..........but did hit a concrete curb once doing 30-40 mph. That "wrapped-up" the runner pretty good.....and it seemed forever before I stopped sliding !!! No injuries, however.

-Junkmanme- [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by