I just about wet myself laughing.

Chicken.Lytle :

Doc says it needs a sign on the side: "Raccoon Feeder".

Many years ago, when I lived in a far different town, I just had some cats and a dog. I hung two hummingbird feeders at each end of the small house and set up a nice feeding station in the back yard for songbirds.

One day, I was in Longs buying stuff, and was just lifting a bag of bird seed into my cart when an off-duty police sergeant I knew entered that aisle. "Hi, Allen!" I said. "Hello, Linda," he replied, then looked at the bag o' seeds in my arms. "Baiting the cat-feeder, are we?" he asked, as he moved by me in the aisle to get to Big Bags o' Dog Food.

I just stood there for a moment, then put the seed back.

Never filled another bird feeder with seed again. (Until I got chickens, but I just toss the seed treats to 'em now.)​

This is my fist year with a barn cat. I have had an old blue bird house that was made by my late Grandfather. I came to me all the way from Boulder City, Nevada. I fixed it up and had blue birds the first year. I have enjoyed watching the birds come and go every year since. Well this year is the first spring w/ my barn cat. He killed both parents and now the poor eggs are dead. That darn cat! Maybe this coop would work for my barn cat.

I know I've started my chickens on some pretty spartan means but I'd never dream of trying to sell them to someone!

Quote:
Many years ago, when I lived in a far different town, I just had some cats and a dog. I hung two hummingbird feeders at each end of the small house and set up a nice feeding station in the back yard for songbirds.

One day, I was in Longs buying stuff, and was just lifting a bag of bird seed into my cart when an off-duty police sergeant I knew entered that aisle. "Hi, Allen!" I said. "Hello, Linda," he replied, then looked at the bag o' seeds in my arms. "Baiting the cat-feeder, are we?" he asked, as he moved by me in the aisle to get to Big Bags o' Dog Food.

I just stood there for a moment, then put the seed back.

Never filled another bird feeder with seed again. (Until I got chickens, but I just toss the seed treats to 'em now.)

Seriously Linda...that's pretty funny!
gig.gif

A for imagination. F for chicken knowledge.

In the pic you can see some shiny screw heads on the tide of the can.
That is where they screwed a plastic shoe box to the side as a nest.
Above the "roost" and flimsy as heck.

Hey, maybe...just maybe it could be turned into a coop with a sunroof. Flip open the lid and vvvvvwala! Of course you would need chicken wire or some way to keep your 2 chickens in.

OK...so I have been sitting here trying to figure out what that white pipe is for. My DH who is a genius helped me figure it out! Thats where the hen backs up and lays her egg, then you hook the shop vac up to the end of the pipe and walla the eggs gets sucked out!
idunno.gif
Maybe?
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom