I just bought a baby donkey!

thank you!
Can you tell me what exactly her bray means? i am guessing it has multiple meanings.
I have heard her bray about 6 times today. A couple times when she saw me coming and she knew i had food and once when i was walking her around. And once when i was just standing out in my yard.
Do the bray's mean she is happy or mad or anything

You're right, it can mean anything. She may be lonely. Did she have friends where she lived before? She may want your company or she's used to getting treats when humans come around. She's just beautiful. I'm thinking of getting a donkey to keep my old girl company if I sell my other horses.

Yes she was kept in the same area with her mom and brothers and sisters. She also lived animals which were used in a petting zoo. They guy had about 40 horses, tons of dogs donkeys goats chickens pigs etc.

Quote:
I love naming animals! Daisy Duke is a great name for her! Here are a few other name ideas I thought of while looking at her recent pic...

Elizabeth
Becky
Angel
Dixie
Lucy
Chloe
Dolly
Helga
Lily
Sally
Fern
Holly
Pammy Sue
Clarabelle
Jessie
Buttercup
Bella
Christie
Sarah
Ellie May
Mary Jane
Shelly
Betty Lou
Debbie
Emma Grace
And of course... Jenny
roll.png

That's probably plenty for now, huh?
tongue.png

You wont believe this but a couple of those names you listed i had thought about naming her!
1. Bella
2. Ellie Mae
3. Betty Lou
4. and jenny ( of course )

I really like a lot of those names! thank you for posting!!!
But whatever name i like my sister usually doesnt like and since we are sharing the donkey she gets a say in what we name her. I told her we are not naming her
Fefe Fluffington or something like that! lol

Me and my sister have been giving her a lot of attention. She will only be alone for a little while until we get sheep. that will be about a week or two...

She's so cute. Could you possibly get one of the goats she was used to being with? It might ease her stress during such a big change. I like ellie mae for a name...but then all my pet's pet middle names are mae.
cool.png

I LOVE the name Ellie Mae... It is one of my top favorite names. Reason being is I think it's a pretty name, and I also really really like the character Ellie Mae Clampett in Beverly Hillbillies. She's so sweet, loves animals, is quite the tomboy, and she's real purty.

Back
Top Bottom