I just bought my first incubator!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tonini3059, Dec 16, 2008.

1. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    I am so excited I finally talked my husband into getting an incubator. I don't know whether it is a good idea or not because i think we will be opening a whole new can of worms [​IMG] . We are already talking about all the new breeds of chicken and duck eggs we want to get. We already have a couple of our call duck eggs waiting for it to arrive....lol and it begins!!!

2. erthymom2

erthymom2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Good for you - jump right into the fun of hatching....it's facinating watching a flock start from the egg and mature into a hen or roo.
    What kind did you buy/order? Feel free to ask us all here on the site anything - we LOVE to help!!

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    uh..ooh!..your in trouble now!...heehe...[​IMG]..

4. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    We bought a hovabator Genisis 1588 with the egg turner. I have been reading on here about the humidity for duck eggs and have seen some variations in it. Any suggestions on what I should keep the call eggs at.

5. mcg30_40

mcg30_40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    alabama
    Congrads! I don't use my bator near as much as some on here but I love it.

6. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    [​IMG] [​IMG] CONGRATS, your gonna love it [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Farm Frenzy

Farm Frenzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Oak Hill, Florida
    I just got my first incubator too, and have 9 silkie eggs incubating. 14 days in...and 7more to go!!! I can barely stand it. We got them for my daughters science project. I didn't realize how fun...and addicting it can be.

8. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Your in trouble now. No really, it's a fustrating, nerve wrecking best time you can have. You worry over the eggs check and recheck the temps and humidity. Try to figure out if you did anything wrong. Then they hatch and your over joyed at the wonder of it all. No sooner have you got that bunch doing well then your looking to see what else you can set.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by