I just candled my eggs!

HennyJenny

Songster
10 Years
Dec 26, 2009
Bennington, NE
This was day four for the buff eggs and day six for the barnvelders and after 7 days each in the care of the USPS I saw definite babies in 10 of the barnevelder eggs and I think I saw some veining in about 6 of the buff eggs! I am sooo excited!

celebrate.gif

I was so surprised! I have never hatched before - certainly never candled and I thought after seven days with the post office nothing would happen. (I was supposed to wait until day 7 or 10 to candle but I couldn't stand it anymore!) Of course that's like 16 out of 27 eggs - so I'm not an adept candler or I have some that aren't going to do anything - but I kept 16 eggs alive for 6 days anyway! My Dad the old farmer keeps telling me not to count my chickens before they hatch! But it's really hard not to get excited! I was trolling the feed store the other day looking for babies!

Whoo hoo!

Just wait...in a week you will be able to see them dancing around inside the egg! It never gets old to me. The miracle of life is so awesome to witness!

Enjoy your first hatch and a big official welcome to the addiction we called hatching! You'll be hooked like the rest of us, guaranteed!!

yep, i candled today on day 3 and saw a dark blob in all 9 eggs. i didn't see this blob when i candled on day one. i'm glad i candled on day one so i could have a baseline to compare to.

i just candled my eggs that are 5 days old and i saw a tiny dot with blood vessels coming from it! it just fascinates me so much:jumpy

It really is just amazing! I am going out of town for a couple of days and just switch my eggs from the incubator with the fantastic temperature keeping (but no turner) to the one with a turner - I hope I didn't screw it all up but I don't want anyone touching my eggs while I'm gone
roll.png
How would I know whether any of them washed their hands before touching my eggs! The cool thing about candling was that my husband (who thought the whole incubating thing was crazy) was just as excited to see each egg as I was and my Dad (who is convinced that no one is successful incubating eggs) was pretty amazed that not only amazed that I have living beings but that I could see them
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom