Not open for further replies.

Tala

Flock Mistress
10 Years
Apr 14, 2009
Benton (Saline County) AR
hit.gif

The title says it.

I wish I knew why!! The guy who interviewed me seemed to like me, and I thought it went really well, and I feel like I'm doing everything right so what is the problem???
he.gif
And don't say the economy because obviously they hired SOMEBODY - I just wasn't good enough for some reason.

hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Tala, don't be so hard on yourself. Yep they probably did hire someone else, but remember.....because of the economy a lot of people are out of work, so they have more applicants to choose from and probably picked the one who would accept the least money with enough qualifications to get by.
smile.png

You should give a call to the person that interviewed you. Tell him that you are very disappointed that you were not hired. Then ask if he can tell you WHY you weren't hired or if there is anything that you could have done differently. Also ask about any references that they may have called (is someone giving you a bad reference??). If you and the guy really hit it off, he may tell you what went wrong!!!

Good Luck!!!

Cindy

PS the interviewer may tell you that it wasn't you at all!! Maybe the boss hired his son/daughter/niece/nephew!!!

Keep a positive attitude. Put it in God's hands and then go out and work like it all depends upon you.

#1California Chick :

You should give a call to the person that interviewed you. Tell him that you are very disappointed that you were not hired. Then ask if he can tell you WHY you weren't hired or if there is anything that you could have done differently. Also ask about any references that they may have called (is someone giving you a bad reference??). If you and the guy really hit it off, he may tell you what went wrong!!!

Good Luck!!!

Cindy

PS the interviewer may tell you that it wasn't you at all!! Maybe the boss hired his son/daughter/niece/nephew!!!

Yes the regional person had the final say. I only spoke to her on the phone, but she went out of her way to call me up when I didn't respond to her email so I figured I had a decent chance
idunno.gif

(She wanted a phone screening, emailed on a Friday, and I came down with a nasty head cold that weekend, which is why I hadn't responded to her email - I was going to call her the Tuesday she called me)

I think I will call up the local guy again though, see if he can tell me WHY. I called him the week after the interview and he said he was just waiting to hear from the regional boss - from the sound of it he still wanted to hire me then, but I dunno. The letter came from regional, dated the day after I called, so he wasn't lying about that.​

Be VERY sweet and nice when you talk to the interviewer. You want to know what you can do next time to be #1 on the list!!! LISTEN carefully to what the person says . DO NOT argue with the person. The person who is hiring is ALWAYS right -- whether you think so or not!!! You may find that it was a very close call!! Or you may find that something you did or said made the difference (if you know -- then you can do something different next time!!).

I know that my DDs sometimes failed to get hired due to dressing inappropriately!!! Or not having the right previous experience!!

Anything that you find out will help you in the NEXT interview!!!

Good Luck!!

Cindy

I have heard it's illegal to give a bad reference, at least it is for previous employers/supervisors etc... I'm sorry, I know how frustrating it is... the job market is flooded with people who had jobs for 20+ yrs, extensive experience and references, how can us youngsters compete with that? Grrrrr

Well I know my old boss E, and my friend J, will give me good references, and I'm pretty sure my old job can only say whether or not I'm eligible for rehire - and that was covered in the interview anyway, so...

I'm not competing with people who've had their jobs for 20+ years, extensive experience and references - unless they've been washing cars for minimum wage for the last 20 years. Everyone's pretty much on even footing for this kind of job, at least as far as I know.
idunno.gif

It is worth making the call!! Best case: you will learn something that will help you in the NEXT interview!! Worst case: You will discover that the job was rigged and there wasn't ANYTHING tht you could have done to get the job (but that is worth knowing too!!!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom