I just got my DE...now what do I use it for?

I use a flower pot to sprinkle it around, I tried a powder type bottle but it wasn't big enough. The flower pot has 5 or 6 holes in the bottom, is about 7 or 8 inches high - I fill it up and just walk around shaking it..... works like a charm.

I got my DE today too! I drilled holes in the top of a coffee creamer container and sprinkled it EVERYWHERE! I'm having a real ant problem in my coop and I hope this will take care of them!

Haven't spread mine yet...it's started raining every time I go out there to do it! I have an old parmesan sprinkler container all ready to go. I plan on spreading it in the run, a bit in the coop, feed, and on the dogs. Found a tick on the kitchen floor the other day
th.gif
Seriously hate those darn things.

I've been having fun reading all about it, though. What I find interesting, and what I didn't know before, is that it kills the bugs by basically cutting them. It's a mechanical killer rather than a poisoner. It's so very cool how it works. Can't believe I had never heard of it before!

Just ordered mine Tuesday....I cant waite to get mine. We have a flea problem with the dogs...and some runny poo with the chickens. Not all of them. I jsut want to get this "miracle stuff" and get this place cleaned up! Oh, does it work on spiders too?? We have these BIG BROWN field spiders....they come in the house all the time...UGH! I am sooooo freaked out by them. When they spread out thier legs, they are BIGGER than a 50 cent piece! Oh, and water bugs?? Will this help? We have woods right up behind the house, and a pond...havent seen too many water bugs this year, but last year, UGH! I sure hope this stuff works on them as well. Anyone know????

Back
Top Bottom