I just got my first egg ever!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by stefzbiz, Mar 22, 2012.

1. stefzbiz

stefzbiz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2011
    Jacksonville, Fl
    My little silky girl "poopie" laid her first egg today, she is extra special since out of all 8 of the chicks we picked in the beginning, she ended up being the only girl the rest either died in the first few days, or turned out to be roo's. This is also our first egg ever!! AND we got to watch her do it, so exciting. Her's is the smaller tan one![​IMG][​IMG]

2. Snownoir

Snownoir Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2012
    Arlington Texas
    Congrats! I remember getting my first egg. It was such a neat feeling. I thanked her afterwards.

She has a cute little face. :)

3. stefzbiz

stefzbiz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2011
    Jacksonville, Fl
    It was soo great, we have been watching her and our BR every day hoping, and I can't believe we actually caught her laying her first,, she did a song, we did the dance!! yay

4. kcjones

kcjones Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    [​IMG]

5. ParadiseFarms

ParadiseFarms New Egg

Mar 22, 2012
    Maple Falls Wa
    Congrats!

I remember getting my first egg! I had just got her home, and she laid an egg! I was so excited, I didn't know what to do! So I called the breeder, and told her "she Laid an egg, what should I do!"

She said, "eat it!" [​IMG]

lol

6. Mum

Mum Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2011
    UK
    Congratulations! Clever girl she is. My silkies were regular layers once they started. Wishing you many many more Silkie eggs :)

7. Back2Roots

Back2Roots Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    [​IMG]

8. SqueakyRoseShalom

SqueakyRoseShalom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    YAY! so exciting! Aren't chickens the best pets in the universe?!!![​IMG] They love on us AND feed us perfect proteins[​IMG]. I love her name "poopie"- that's awesome! I might have to borrow that name for my ducks!

9. Maggie C

Maggie C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2012
    Largo, FL
    Congratulations! First eggs are SOOO eggciting. Then every day becomes a surprise..will I get one egg or five. Yes, I love my pet chickens and my friends enjoy their eggs! [​IMG]

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Congrats! First eggs are the best [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by