I just got my first goat!

I am so jealous too! I want to get a pygmy before the end of the year but we will need to get two. I would love to see pics!!! Congratulations on your new baby!

She is a lot of fun, though still scared at this point. She got really snuggly last night when she was tired, I think she will come around quickly. I will try to get pictures up soon, I found the instructions on the FAQs but it will take a lot of work and today will be a busy day.

How much milk should they have and how often? Mine will be about 8 weeks. I'll be getting a doe in milk at the same time so can give them some of her milk.

Congrats on your new baby!

I myself wean the babies at 8 wks old ...if they are eating grain good and hay and drinking water then its pretty much time to wean off bottle or momma. Some leave theirs on for 3 mths but I dont and havent had any problems...just alot of hollering as the baby pen is right by my back door...Good luck

I am very jealous. I am getting two goats, but they have not been born yet. I am getting them from my neighbor and her first doe is not due until April 11.

Please add pictures.

Yes, pictures please.

I'm waiting for the day when I have more land and get a couple of goats. For now I am vicariously enjoying others'.

Congratulations!

Okay, here she is, introducing Miss Maple!

2358462199_4743d91578_s.jpg

Ugh, don't know if that is going to put the picture in, I followed all of the directions. If not, at least maybe the link will work?

Back
Top Bottom