I just odered my new chicks!!!!!!!!!!!

nightshade

Songster
12 Years
Mar 19, 2007
Jonestown Pa , Columbia County
I am soo excited I just ordered my new chicks and asked that they be sent around my sons b day in March.
wee.gif
ya.gif

I am deffently not allowed to by any at the feed stores this year though cause this is already over my boughten new babies limit for the year. Here is what I ordered....

10 welsummers - 50/50
10 marans - 50/50
5 Russian Orloffs - strait run
5 Black Minorcas - pullets
5 speckeled sussexs - pullets
5 Giant Blue Cochins - strait runs

Hubby is gonna so yell...
hide.gif
That is atleast til he sees their fuzzy little butts
fl.gif

How exciting!!! Boy! That is going to make the rest of December and January, February creep by now!
lol.png

Congrats on your new chickie order! March is a long ways away, it will take self control not to call once or twice to add a few to the list lol

I have an order of 41 chicks (I should probably just up it to an even 50 lol) written up and sitting on my desk. I emailed Ideal and they said to call in my order around Jan 1st for a March delivery. It might have to wait til I save up the $134 plus shipping though
gig.gif
For now I will enjoy the 14 little bantam chicks I bought at the auction last night!!!

I can't wait til Spring!!

I know it's a toss of the dice when you order straight run - but if you order from a "reputable" hatchery what is the actual ratio of males/females? If, like you, I order 5 straight run, will there be at least ONE pullet?

they clam that you get a 50/50 or close to it cut but the ones that I really wanted to make sure I had hens from I made sure to order pullets from. 40 hmm add that to what I have and well lets just say I am not disclosing that at the moment with hubby in the room
wink.png

I got from welp hatchery, the shipping is included in the price of their birds.

Back
Top Bottom