I just traded eggs for...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by babyblue, Jan 26, 2010.

1. babyblue

babyblue Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2009
    a farrier visit for my horse, I win. the poor old guy had a blood blister that needed cut out, he now feels great and is actig like a dork. the farrier said it cost so little that he would just add it to my bill next full visit, I jokeingly said Ill trade you eggs. and wow he jumped on the chance at fresh eggs. [​IMG]

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Whoop Whoop .. Dont you just love trading >>>

3. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    i didnt know a farrier's visit could be so cheap! lol good trade.....but i never knew how much a farrier cost my grandpa ran a stable so we had an in house farrier but that was when i messed around with horses.. GOOD JOB IMO

4. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    I love to barter eggs for produce that I don't grow myself (Brussel sprouts, egg plant etc.) Everyone goes away happy [​IMG]

5. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    I wish everyone loved to trade/barter as much as I do! It's the best... Glad both of you are happy!

6. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Cool story. I used to trade for hay. It was alot of fun.

7. weirdmuse

weirdmuse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Southwest Ohio
    Quote:I'm doing that now. I trade a dozen fresh eggs for a bale of alfalfa for my pygmy goats. works out pretty well for all parties!

8. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    I trade for everything now. I love the barter system!! That''s how i got rid of my guineas..traded for chickens bird for bird. Guineas weren't even laying and the chickens were about to..I think I got the better deal cause I saved a ton of money just on asprin [​IMG]

9. scooter147

scooter147 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    I have a dear friend that lives in a senior citizens apartment complex. I don't sell my eggs but I do give them away to the seniors at the complex so I don't barter. However, the nice ladies at the apartment complex provide me with such things as cakes, pies, cookies, bowls of soups or leftover meatloaf etc. etc. Upon my last deliver (I just give the eggs to my friend and see distributes them to the most deserving) I had 6 brand new dish towels, $10 gift certificate to Applebees and a $15 gift certificate to K-Mart. I suspect these items were given to the seniors as Christmas presents and then re-gifted to me. I say this mainly because there are no K-Marts close to the complex and most of these seniors rely on others for transportation.
    So I do think it sames me a buck or two, I have a sweet tooth so as long as I have something freshly made in the house it stops me from buying junk. But mainly I am very blessed and I enjoy people enjoying what I enjoy doing.

10. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    Wow scooter, that is a delightful way to share your blessings. Last year, my first with chickens, I gave away what we didn't use. This year I was going to start to sell when production picks up. I just might re think that, What a great community service. [​IMG] Your an inspiration!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by