I just want y'all to know....

I can barely touch the floor anymore. Oof. I was very flexible as a ten-year-old, I could get my legs up over my head... that was the cool thing to do back then
roll.png

Quote:
No, it's a 7PM-7AM shift, and I have 7 hours left to go. That's our normal shifts, and typically I am ok with it, it's just that for some darned reason I am extra tired tonight. ZzZzZzZz

Wow, 7 to 7... is it busy there?

No, thats the problem! It's usually so crazy out 12 hour shifts turn into 13 or 13 1/2 hour shifts because we can't get everything done and charted on time... but tonight it's so s-l-o-w that it's just dragging.... on and on and on....

I may just go freaking CrAzY!!!

Quote:
Wow, 7 to 7... is it busy there?

No, thats the problem! It's usually so crazy out 12 hour shifts turn into 13 or 13 1/2 hour shifts because we can't get everything done and charted on time... but tonight it's so s-l-o-w that it's just dragging.... on and on and on....

I may just go freaking CrAzY!!!

Wow, that's a really long shift.
hugs.gif
Here's to hoping you can stick it out! And parents all decide to go in and give their kids vaccinations tonight
lol.png

Are you on three twelves? I just switched over to four tens, but it's day, so I'm loving it. XD If so, just think of that nice loong weekend. If not...yuck!!

Hm, drinking water always helps me on night shifts. Walking around in the cold (or standing in a walk in freezer if you have one handy...). Listen to loud music with a fast beat. Not eating anything warm and comforting...but probably eating. Do night shifts make you ravenous too? Sounds like you can browse the net. Use that! A lot. Do you have coworkers? Bug the heck out of them. XD

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes, I'm on three twelves. This is the last night of my stretch, so I will get to spend all day tomorrow with mine and SO's fathers, for father's day, so maybe just thinking about being up all day tomorrow is making me tired. I've already been chatting with the medics that have wandered over, and surfing the net some (pretty much all the good stuff is blocked, though). I do have my phone, so I have been playing Pandora radio (country of course) quietly in my pod. OHHHH! Speaking of, Jason Aldean's "Dirt Road Anthem" is on right now. Is it inappropriate for me to dance down the hallway? We really don't have THAT many patients right now...
tongue2.gif

Yeah, even if you can just get a 15 minute nap in between the end of your shift and going out all day, that can help a bit. But man, you should reschedule! You've got four days off after all! XD

wow, only a 12 hour shift?
tongue.png
Some days I work from 8am to midnight. Fortunately only a couple of days a week, the rest are "only" 9ish hours. It sucks when it's slow too, boooooooring so the time just draaaaaaaaags on
But yea, being up all day tomorrow too - THAT's the killer!!! I feel for ya on that!

Quote:
When we were doing 8 hour shifts, I used to work 9 on, 5 off, and another job on weekends, making for two 16 hour days in the middle of those long stretches.

Guess I'm just not as young as I used to be
lol.png

8AM to Midnight? What in the world do you do?

Quote:
Oh, nothing important. I manage a pizza place
tongue.png
Open-to-close shifts are the pitts. Especially those long stretches after the lunch rush, but before the dinner rush. Talk about booooring!

I used to work graveyard at a different job, so I know about being up ALL night and then having to attend a family function with "the daywalkers" without sleeping in-between. Whew!
I kinda like being up at night, but it sure puts a hurt on the social life.

Back
Top Bottom