I killed one!!!!

ilovechickens

Songster
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
West Central Wisconsin
hit.gif
I went down to check on the chicks and I noticed that the water dish was tipped a bit and some of the chicks were a little wet, so I took the water dishes out to change the towels and their was a EE under neath the dish, layed out flat:hit I didn't even realize that she was under there. I thought that I could bring her back, but she was cold and dead. I have not lost one chick to the breeders and the first one that I lose is to my own doing. That just sucks!!! they were just going so crazy for water and food that I just plain didn't see it:
hit.gif

hugs.gif
It happens, think of it as a lesson learned. I had a chick drown once. A banty. And it definitely sucks.
sad.png

I am sorry for your loss!
hugs.gif

So sorry to hear about this. My chicks always run like heck when I bring the water dish around to set it down.

Strangely enough, someone else posted on here that she squished her chick under her waterer for 4 hours or something and thankfully was able to bring her back around.

Sorry about your baby.

SORRY! We all have done things. Its called getting experience. Each group you raise you will learn new things. Better yet get a cattle dog they teach you to try to out think them. Its a battle what will she do next?????
ya.gif

We picked up some chicks at the feed store over a month ago. 8 of them and a few days later my daughter found a stump full of termites so she took the chicks out there to eat them and when I went out there to check on them I pushed the stump over smashing one and killing it. I felt so horrible! It was the cutest one too.

We all do it so don't be so hard on yourself.
hugs.gif

One time I was unpacking a box of newly arrived McMurray chicks and was busily dipping beaks and turning them loose.

I suddenly realized I was standing on one fo my brand new buff orpington chicks.
sad.png

It happens... In my case I just made sure to finish off the poor little guy quickly and end his suffering.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom