I knew I would come home with something.

Standard Hen

Songster
12 Years
May 17, 2007
Massachusetts
Went to a chicken show today and came home with a trio of black bantam cochins. The hens and the roosters have different mothers and are about 3 1/2 months old. I usually only go for standards but the price was right. She had the hens separate from the rooster priced for sale. Well I bought the hens with no intentions of the rooster. By the time I left no one had bought him so guess what? They are sooooo cute. We named them Black Beauty (rooster) Merrylegs and Ginger.
I have them in their own pen and they are happily scratching away. Now, tonight I have a group of chickens that always sleep in that coop in that pen. They are going to be beside themselves when they have to go to the pen and coops next door. Such creatures of habit and they hate change! Ok,,,running back outside to check on the new little group!
tongue.png

Slike I am going to get going on here with pics, how can I get the photo bucket thing information? I know it was on here somewhere.
Spotted Crow it was fun, I thought it would actually be more crowded being a spring show but there was a good amount of adults and kids and quite a few birds for sale. I was looking for some started standards but they did not have any except roosters. I wish I knew how many my first time broody is going to hatch or if anything will hatch at all??????? I CAN"T WAIT!!!!

barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

The last time I went I came home with Miss MoneyPenny, so...I hearya...Were the Exchequer Leghorns there? I love them so much...
Good luck with your new birdies...love the names too.

Are you going to the NH Chickenstock in June? I'm going to try to make it, but DH is having his hip done and I might have to be at his beck and call, sigh...

Thanks everyone, my daughter and I named them as they are the only bantam cochins that we have so we will know who is who. They really are cute.
Spotted I did not notice any Exchequer Leghorns but there were alot of birds and after awhile you find yourself walking in circles...lol
I saw the thread on the NH Chickenstock and I do not think I am going to make it for the simple fact of the distance, price of gas and I will most likely be returning to work sometime towards the end of this month from my surgery. That means work will have me with a ball and chain for some time. I would love to make one though, they sound like so much fun.
Your husband most likely will need you at his beck and call and I wish him the best. No surgery is fun!

http://photobucket.com/register/?link=topmenu&special_track=nav_tab_join_now

Making
an account is free, nice n simple. You can then upload your pictures by clicking on the "My Album" tag, and under "albums & upload" select choose files, and you can upload I think 3 at a time unless its changed recently.
Once you've got your pics up there, you can click on the image you want a link for, and then under its display there are 4 different fields with the url link to that image. Left click on the text of the url (anywhere in it) next to the last one listed, "IMG Code" and there you have the link
smile.png
Just press Ctrl + V to paste it into your posts. Hope this helps!

``Slike``

Thanks Slike,

I will have my daughter help me, I have no idea and she knows how to post pictures. I can't wait to start because I so enjoy looking at everyones animals, coops and property. And oh, lets not forget Miss Prissy's food.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom