I knew one day it would happen, that day was yesterday

rcentner

Songster
10 Years
Sep 6, 2009
Le Roy, NY
so I have too many roosters...I had a great balance of 4 roosters that all get along and understand the pecking order. Then my broody hens hatched out 5 roos (and 2 hens) so after only getting rid of 1 rooster so far (and the auction isn't until 5/21). So I finaly have an upset in the rooster balance and have fighting. One of the young roos has decided to pick on my bantam cochin roo. It was very bloody but no real injuries visible.

My wonder is....do I separate out the cochin that was there 1st or should I separate out the young roo? I plan to get rid of the cochin roo for several reasons and of course the one that is the aggressor is the one roo my DH wants to keep. why does my DH always like the roos that I dont? so as long as they havent killed eachother by the time I get outta work today I will separate someone.

I suggest you decide which ones you are going to get rid of and separate all those, leaving the ones you want to keep with the flock. Any time you remove one, you are going to upset the status quo. You might as well remove them all at one time and see if the ones remaining can sort things out. It's better than having them resort it out every time you remove a rooster.

Back
Top Bottom